Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 23, 2014, 11:23:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's ADD 8 inches of SNOW to the devastation  (Read 723 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: November 07, 2012, 11:25:55 PM »

Been a whopper 9 days, Sandy and the wrath she brought, followed today by up to 8 inches of snow through the area - very wet and heavy snow. I just know that LOTS of people who have trees barely hanging on from Sandy will be losing them with the weight of this snow. This is classic heart-attack shoveling snow.

My tree in the front a 90fter has branches hanging super low and  I keep hearing some snow fall from upper branches hitting my roof with a thud.

So many tragic home loss stories from coworkers of my wife, and people I have met at my doctors and elsewhere - my physical therapist rents a place along the coast, it was fully under water for nearly 2 days, all her possessions are gone.

Interestingly, 2 days ago we had a 2.2 earthquake too here (an hour or so North of me) so I'm just waiting for the mud-slides and wildfires if we make it past Mayan Calendar day.

If this is a theme for this coming Winter, I pity us all - luckily at our Lakehurst Naval Base FEMA has hundreds of tracker-trailers coming in and out a few every minute LITERALLY 24/7. I've never seen such an operation and it seems very well organized.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
BabcockFarms
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 11:45:30 PM »

Good luck to you and all the folks on the  coast. Hoping you catch a break sooner than later! Our thoughts are with you and yours...

Ron Babcock

"I believe the good that men do, will live long after they gone."
                                                                                                                          ~Mr. Fox Haas

<
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 04:41:14 AM »

I guess I will take the local calamity's here far inland where mountains break up the tornado formation and not in an earthquake zone and not in tall trees that like to burn!  When the Yellowstone supervolcano goes, it will be a bad day but it will be for most of the world too!  Supposed to be -5 here Saturday morning.  Maybe that is disaster enough for most to consider.  It was just your turn I guess.  There have been very few named storms since Katrina.  This current lady and her just both hit in vulnerable populated areas.  As we get more people, there, are more of those areas to be hit. 
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 09:00:40 AM »

Dang global warming......
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 11:27:17 AM »

11am Update.........

We ended up with 12 inches (all around us have 6 to Cool but I lost a sizable tree branch and a few more that can be handled, these ones hit the roof, and slid down - I don't see any damage.

I have two coworkers coming at 2:30 to move the tree branch to the backyard, no one is packing a chainsaw today, but we'll get it soon. For now just want to clean up the front.

Ones and was watching the weather channel and quote "Most of NJ has between 6-8 inches but this are near Hurricane Sandy called Manchester Township has reported over a foot of snow throughout the township."

I'm so blessed that the big branch didn't take out our window to the front of our home. It is at least 10ft wide and would be har to cover with vinyl siding to protect us from any other weather.

I CANNOT IMAGING this snow along the shore adding to the mess - just seeing roads (which are all gone in Seaside Heights) they are just beach sand carved into roads now. Seeing the ground I'm sure has become very difficult for a few days.

BTW - Saturday and Sunday is forecasted to be in the MID 70s - lolol. Dress appropriately.

I'll add a few photos, including MY CAR stuck in the back yard. I was stupid and didn't use Tracey's outback with many more inches clearance and tried smashing a road using my Subaru Legacy instead. Guess I'll be driving her car to work tonight.

IF we see record snow falls this here Winter, I may have to cut down a beautiful tree from where the branches fell - it seems like the branches are weak and easy to break by had, I'm hoping the tree is much better, it comes alive beautiful and full ever Spring.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 11:50:05 AM »

What a mess. Sad  At least in Florida, you don’t get snow after a hurricane.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 12:06:32 PM »

you guys are really getting it.  i have been reading the stuff from RC people i know.  they are struggling yesterday and today to get out.  roads got to bad and they called the trucks back in.  FEMA does have a massive operation.  as much as i don't think they should be doing what they are doing, at least they seem to be doing it fairly well.  unfortunately, people don't understand that none of these relief agencies, including FEMA, are first responders.  it will take 3 to 5 days, depending on roads and conditions, to get stuff out.  that's just the way it is.  no one goes in until it's safe. 

anyway, glad to hear you are surviving. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next