Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 11:54:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do we do after the election?  (Read 3259 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« on: October 10, 2012, 07:47:36 PM »

I am sitting back wondering where our topics of conversation will meander to after the election. Sure,we'll have the arm chair analyzing afterwards,but the topics meander off in other directions more often. I may start on a list of discussions to debate and analyze in the lulls.
This is enjoyable to me,although I will probably work on a non political list if that is at all possible!!! shocked
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 07:50:33 PM »

I will be worrying about how much work I will have lined up to do and trying to find enough help to get those jobs done since Mitt is elected and everyone started spending money on long awaited projects again.  With the economy running again, I will probably have to buy another truck or two. 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 12:44:15 AM »

Will Obama face off against Hillary again in 2016?
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 08:30:07 AM »

That's a moot point Ken seeing as how the world will end on 12.21.12 anyway  grin

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 01:36:15 PM »

That's a moot point Ken seeing as how the world will end on 12.21.12 anyway  grin

Scott

If we had a vote for best post... this would get mine grin

Sugarbush Bees
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 01:40:49 PM »

Things get busy for me late fall... Prep hives for winter, start taking orders for packages, putting woodenware together for 2013... The forums will fall to the wayside for much of the winter... It is a fun waste of time though; fruitlessly trying to change somebody else's perspective.

Sugarbush Bees
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 08:13:47 PM »

If Mitt does get elected there will be plenty to talk about with Obama, Hillary and Harry Reid trying to push a bunch of UN treaties through in the lame duck period.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 08:38:20 PM »

UN treaties are not law in the USA and do not effect citizens in the US... so what would the point be? 

Sugarbush Bees
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 08:57:30 PM »

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/item/12060-un-arms-treaty-would-impact-second-amendment-rights

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/un-finalizes-arms-trade-treaty-opponents-warn-global-gun-grab

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/07/11/un-arms-treaty-could-put-us-gun-owners-in-foreign-sights-say-critics/

bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 09:31:55 PM »

That is where I thought this was going... Regardless of your sources... this has been debunked already..

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/still-no-international-gun-ban-treaty/

Sugarbush Bees
David McLeod
Field Bee

Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 11:37:18 PM »

I will be worrying about how much work I will have lined up to do and trying to find enough help to get those jobs done since Mitt is elected and everyone started spending money on long awaited projects again.  With the economy running again, I will probably have to buy another truck or two. 

X2

Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com
David McLeod
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 11:44:03 PM »

I'd like to see some serious talk of rounding up traitors starting with the former administration and it's supporters. Not really but something has to be done to keep the asinine morons among us from ever putting us through another four years like the past four.
We could start by lining up the undecided independent voters and........

Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 11:55:23 PM »

X2
If the people sitting on piles of cash haven’t been motivated to get out of the cash by now, I think its wishful thinking to believe they will after November; no matter who wins.  Getting people to spend cash is the whole premise of the Feds QE1, QE2, and QE3.  By printing money they are trying to weaken the dollar and make those piles of cash people are hoarding worthless (or worth LESS).   If that isn’t motivation enough to spend cash, what is?
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 11:58:53 PM »

We will probably all be too busy celebrating the Obama recovery to even log on  grin
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 12:24:11 AM »

... treaties are not law in the USA and do not effect citizens in the US...

You must be mistaken.  My copy of the US Constitution, in Article 6 clearly states....

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding." 

It seems pretty clear to me that all treaties made with any and ever foreign entity or power SHALL superseed the Constitution of the United States as well as every state constitution and state or federal law. 
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 10:31:40 AM »

Seeing as you like history so much...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_treaties

Treaty's are International law... If the treaty we are talking about here was agreed on and Ratified by 2/3rds of the Senate it would restrict international trade of firearms...The only way it would impact you or I is that Russian 223 ammo might be harder to get...

The US and Russia both rejected the UN's Arms Treaty back in July.. so it is a mute point anyway.

But firearms and ammo manufacturers could use the business so run out and stock pile again like in 2008... 

Sugarbush Bees
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 10:54:03 AM »

I am sitting back wondering where our topics of conversation will meander to after the election. Sure,we'll have the arm chair analyzing afterwards,but the topics meander off in other directions more often. I may start on a list of discussions to debate and analyze in the lulls.
This is enjoyable to me,although I will probably work on a non political list if that is at all possible!!! shocked

Hey don't worry Buzz.
Yes, winter will be a sleeper this year after the elections.
You just give the nod, and I'll pull some out and start some crap to keep folks busy.  grin

How much wiggle room you gonna give me?  cool

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »

Be careful Mike!!!! Smiley
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 05:45:12 PM »

Restricting freedoms incrementally seems to be the way they get things done. Just a partial wrap of the rope around the neck each day until the noose is tied enough on the unsuspecting,then WHAM out goes the floor from under. Dang,some never see it coming.
Most restrictive regulations start as a small tidbit of what looks like good intentions then snowballed into onerous regulation.Sure it's seems logical to outlaw Russian ammo to some. But then lets limit the automatic rifles. then the semiautomatic. Oh heck,now the handgun can be dangerous. Bye bye. What the heck does any one need a rifle for,we can farm raise our food and there arent many wild animals we need protecting from.While we are at it,perhaps there are other freedoms we really do not need.
Any time the government passes a regulation or law,look at what it may restrict next.It may be a freedom you enjoy and your neighbor despises.

Our nation should be very cautious about signing on to any treaty that originates in the UN.It is a very hate America group.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »

One thing I have taken from politics in this nation is that nobody does Much unless their is some monetary gain. Some of the most conservative states have the most restrictive gun laws... a very liberal state like VT doesn't have any Gun laws on the books. Our history shows that on the Federal level very little ever gets done on gun control... Every thing happens on a state and local level and that largely gets ignored.

Most of the rhetoric that is put out is scare tactics and nothing more.

Take Romney for example... He had an F rating from the NRA as Governor. He decides to be the pro gun candidate in the Presidential race and he buys a life membership to the NRA... They don't just hand those out... I have one and you have to meet certain requirements to get one.
Romney isn't a retired vet.
Romney isn't a wounded warrior.
and I doubt he has a family member who is a life member who referred him... But he was still able to buy his way in... There used to be a bunch of anti-Romney articles archived on the NRA's site from his Governor run... those have all been purged... 

Over the last several years I have lost a lot of respect for the NRA and their agenda... Their change of heart for Romney has evaporated any last bit of respect I had left...

I live in a very restrictive state on firearms... But less than a mile from home I have a gunshop who deals in fully auto weapons. (formerly known as class 3) With a signature from the sheriff and a 200.00 application fee I can purchase a Thompson or a BAR and walk out with it in as little as ten days.   

I fully expect that the Russian and Serbian .223 ammo will end up being restricted... Not to save lives or grab guns, but because it is .25 a round and the domestic stuff is 1.50 a round. If you want to know what is going to go down on your 2nd rights.. follow the money trail.

Sugarbush Bees
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next