Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 02:26:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alaska to Oregon....  (Read 454 times)
bilder
New Bee

« on: October 04, 2012, 03:10:19 PM »

Howdy all,

Been living in Alaska for the last 20 years and we are moving back to my home state of Oregon in a couple weeks.  Been interested in beekeeping for some time, but our living situation in AK would not support it.

Now that we are moving to the Medford area, I will be in a place to finally give it a try.  My father kept bees when I was a youngster and I have fond memories of the jars and buckets of honey all over the kitchen.   I am looking forward to spending the winter learning as much as I can before spring comes and the hive goes up.

Lots of know how in this forum from what I have seen so far.  Should keep this newbie busy for awhile....

Wisdom is the comb that life gives you after you have lost your hair.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 05:04:28 PM »

you should be able to find folks in your area when you get here.  pretty sure we have some members on here from that area, or not to far away. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 07:23:30 PM »

Welcome to the forum.
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 06:20:15 PM »

Welcome to the forum,bilder.

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print