The hive this queen came from now has a Cordovan Italian queen.
I first created this queenless nuc, introduced the Cordovan Italian queen to the nuc and she was accepted.
I then removed the original queen from the hive and put her in a queen cage inside the nuc with the Cordovan Italian queen.
Late the next afternoon I moved the captive queen to the nuc she now occupies and placed the initial nuc contents including the now accepted Cordovan Italian queen into an empty super separated by a sheet of newspaper above the original hive. I checked them the next morning and discovered the newpaper had been eliminated and the bees and new queen were merged with the original colony.
By this time virtually the entire original population has been replaced by her progeny. So far they are as healthy and vigorous as any of my other colonies. I enjoy their calmer behavior (they don't run on the combs) and bright golden color.