Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 01, 2014, 04:38:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting pragmatic overview of the presidential election  (Read 3276 times)
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 04:44:37 PM »

In case you haven't noticed times have changed from 100 years ago... No troops will be collecting on any debt owed by the USA... worst case would be a standoff like the Cold War.

I also wasn't talking about bonds... I was talking about people and their nearsightedness and the common assumption that the only way the government makes money is by taxation.. We earn interest on loans just like other countries do... we earn money on oil, gas and mineral leases on federal land. (a revenue source that at this time is largely underutilized). One of the richest gold mines in the world is on leased federal land in Nevada.. It produced over 3 trillion worth of gold in 2010.

And of course there is our ability to print money... which is what we currently do. 

Sugarbush Bees
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 05:26:27 PM »

Once again, our friend Bluegrass is absolutely correct in his analysis. applause applause applause

kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 11:49:26 PM »

... In case you haven't noticed times have changed from 100 years ago...
... I also wasn't talking about bonds... I was talking about people and their ...assumption that the only way the government makes money is by taxation...

Well then, you and I both agree that there is no reason for Obama to hike taxes.  We'll just print more money when we send out to for lunch.  Then drill for more oil in ANWAR and in the Gulf of Mexico, that'll fix everything.  The only problem is that the current adminstration has no intrest in drilling for gas, exploring for oil, or mining coal or anyother mineral.

What's that you say Mr. President, Secretary Chu, Secretary Salizar?  What do you mean, "It'll be a cold day in Hadies before we allow the American people to drill for oil or gas?"  Earth to bluegrass, Earth to bluegrass, come in bluegrass.  Bluegrass, I think we have a wee problem here.

Besides, don't you think that 3 "Trillion" dollars in gold popping out of the ground from just one mine in Nevada in a single year is a tad bit high? 

BlueBee, with gold reserves like those mentioned by bluegrass, maybe we can go back on the gold standard because it sure looks like their "printing" more gold every day.  Check it out and let let us know when it is going to happen, OK?
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 12:30:46 AM »

Kingbee, like in the movie Matrix, our conservative beeks are living in a land of make believe and donít know it!  Itís the logical people like Bluegrass (and your other favorite blue) that is TRYING to wake yaíll up!

US oil production has RISEN every year since Obama became president.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/sns-rt-us-usa-campaign-energybre89a18w-20121011,0,986352.story
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 12:37:35 AM »

Morpheus to beeks, please wake up!   Smiley Smiley Smiley
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 12:55:22 AM »

I had a funny encounter today.  I recently bought a house in foreclosure in town as an investment property and just started to fix it up.  I havenít met all the neighbors yet, but the oneís Iíve meet have been real nice.  But you know how it is in town; there is ALWAYS one neighbor this is a bit off key.  In my case this guy is kitty corner to my house.  Heís got his whole front yard filled with anti Obama signs and Pro Romney signs.  Talk about making property values go down  shocked

So Iím outside working today and he comes over wearing an anti Obama hat and shirt and introduces himself to me.  He really was a nice guy, sans his political obsessions.  We chatted for a while and then he said he was SO happy to see somebody nice (me) buy this house and fix it up. He said now heís got good neighbors all around him. I just didnít have the heart to tell him Iíll be canceling his vote at the polls in November   Smiley

I got to thinking later; I wonder if he was a beek  grin
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 10:09:18 AM »

Carlin Trend Mine is the second largest in the world...It is about 40 miles long and produces about 80% of the gold mined in the US every year.  Unfortunately the US Government lease is free due to the General Mining act.
In 1994 Congress put restrictions on farther development of mining on Federal land in order to stop the giving away of public assets... The fed has been trying to impose lease fees ever since. Until we start getting paid for mineral deposits their development is on hold.

Oil and Gas deposits where also free leases until an act of Congress changed that.   

Sugarbush Bees
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 12:39:27 AM »

Two Texas ranchers, one a Republican, and another a Democrat owned ajoining ranches.  A young up and coming oil company exect by the name of George W. Bush proposed oil leases to both these gentlemen. 

The terms were the standard 1/6 of production or the value of 16.66% of the oil produced.

The Republican Farmer being an optomist signed right up. 

The Democrat farmer was either greedy or a pestimest because he held out for 1/8 or (12.5%)
Then the Democrat screamed that he had been cheated when he jumped on the 1/8th deal. laugh
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next