1. Have jars washed and dried before you begin.
2. If you have small children to young to help give them something new to keep them busy i.e. new movie etc.
3. If someone in your house does not like bees extract honey while they are gone(my husband was on a fishing trip)
4. Bees will get in the house.
5. If you have long hair put it in a pony tail.
6. Buy more then one bucket
7. Use rubber bands to put around paint strainers
8. Serated knives work well for uncapping i.e. long bread knife/ ginsu knife
9. Buy an uncapping fork there are places the knife won't work, but in a pinch a table fork works
10. Rubber spatulas are your friend have several, short, long, big, small
11. No matter how far away you put equipment the bees will find it
12. Just because your extractor can go super fast doesn't mean you should make it go super fast
13. You will still find sticky spots days later after you extract even though you thought you wiped down everything especialy door knobs.
14. If you have a colony of feral cats that you feed, feed them before extracting your honey as they get in the way of you going in and out of the house and scramble around your feet because they see you carrying something and think it is food and trip you.
15. Never spit while wearing a veil!!