in the past week i've had 4 calls for trapouts & removals. the 2 trapouts were not near any houses & i talked one owner into waiting until spring. i'm still trying to talk the 2nd owner into the same. it seems to me that with the time-frame ( several weeks ) & the drought,
( lack of forage & scant brood in my hives ), that i'd have to feed a week hive with a slim chance of surviving the winter. 1 removal is in a large limb. i plan to drop the limb & open the cavity so i should be able to get most of the girls & the queen. i'm looking into the other 2 removals early next week. they are in brick structures.