Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 04:45:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our ""HERO???""  (Read 2859 times)
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 08:12:02 PM »

Huh?  my "fellow beekeepers" are telling me that they can put words in the presidents mouth that are more accurate than his own....and that somehow this is worthwhile dialog.  My "fellow beekeepers" have already told me that these quotes have the same meaning despite the context...not noting that some of them are not even quotes.

"Arab and Pakastani Americans" are....Americans.  They are not "The Muslims", they are Americans.  It isn't as if this is a speech somewhere and someone didn't take the best notes...this is a published book, and even the link Kathy provided for the actual context (presumably less left wing than the site with the same text and the same assessment as snopes) calls it a false claim.  How could this be misquoted by anyone that is trying to be truthful?

I get it...you think the president is a secret muslim (or not so secret).  I share a lot of the dissatisfaction that many do with Obama's performance and policies (I did not vote for him)....but come on....I can't root for a team who lies to me in order to win my support.

deknow
triple7sss
New Bee

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 01:11:41 PM »

Oh man Iddee...a conspiracy?  A vast conspiracy to permit an invasion create a Muslim state in what...4 or 8 years of an Obama presidency?  I think one of the basic problems with conspiracy theory is that once you've accepted it then everything including evidence to the contrary and logical counterpoint is twisted to support the conspiracy.  To the conspiracy theorist anything anyone says in dispute is invalid because either a) the other person must be part of the conspiracy or b) the other person is oblivious to the conspiracy. 

"FDR knew the Japanese were going to bomb Pearl Harbor and let it happen!"  "Bush knew about 911 beforehand!"  It just generally ain't helpful in advancing discourse or finding the truth.  On the other hand I guess we all arrive at our own version of what is going on and if what you perceive to be happening helps makes sense of the world I can't knock it too much.  I guess I just disagree.

Glad you enjoyed Fort Collins kathyp!  It is a nice town but it's getting a little crowded.  Just moved back from Montana and am sort of overwhelmed by the humanity.

On another note...me and some other yah-hoos from Montana will be headed out to North Carolina so we can drive up to Boone and watch the University of Montana play Appy State.  Looking forward to a good time and the chance to poke around iddee's state for a bit.

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »

Triple7, watch out for Appy State.  They can be a real spoiler Sad Sad Sad
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »

Triple, I imagine your statement was repeated nearly verbatim in Germany many times between 1933 and 1941. No one believed what was happening until it was too late. We are now sending government checks to half the population, of which a large percentage aren't even US citizens. We have spent more than the currant tax income can pay in 2 generations. The welfare and other expenses are climbing while the gdp is falling. Just what makes you think this can continue and the country stay afloat?

PS. If you are going to be near Greensboro, NC, PM me. I'll send you my address and phone number. Just because we don't agree politically, don't mean we can't be friends. Come by for a cup of coffee or cold beer and talk bees for awhile.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 06:21:48 PM »

Idee,  I agree with all the political stuff in your last post....this is the kind of thing worthy of discussion and attention.  The quotes in the OP, are no more relevant than lies that are spread by moveon. Org, speaking the truth moves us forwards...lies repress us all.

Deknow
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »

Many people are afraid of the truth. They will only understand and accept if exaggerated greatly.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
triple7sss
New Bee

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »

Man, iddee that'd be just alright and a lot of fun.  I'll see how it goes and if we get close I'll hit you up.  I suspect we'd agree on more things than not and thanks for the invite.

Appy State came out to Missoula a couple years ago for a semi-final playoff game and that was one of the best games I've ever been to.  We're kind of "unsettled" at QB so I don't know how well the Griz will play but I'm really looking forward to it.

deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 10:26:39 PM »

Isn't that the same logic/mechanism that causes others to call you racist?  I don't think you are a racist, but a little exaggerating of some of the things you do say would place you squarely there.

...so whom do we trust to accurately exaggerate things greatly so that "some people" will understand things properly?  "Debbie...from the internet"?

Deknow
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 10:37:45 PM »

But, deknow, I am a racist. Just ask Beemaster. He told me I was. LOL..

*Shel Silverstein*
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 09:07:09 PM »

... Oh man ...A vast conspiracy to permit an invasion create a Muslim state in what...4 or 8 years of an Obama presidency?  ..."FDR knew the Japanese were going to bomb Pearl Harbor and let it happen!"  "Bush knew about 911 beforehand!" [etc]...

FDR did know that a Japanese attack on the United States was coming.  Just as an attack by the Iranians on us is a real possibility.  In 1941 FDR cut off all oil sales to Japan.  We were Tokyo's only supplyer of oil.  FDR had Japan in a hammer lock over their occupation of Chinese territory, and furthermore FDR had Tokyo backed into an oil less corner.  It was a lead pipe cinch that Japan would come out swinging and attack us.  Only the time and place and manner of the attack was in doubt.  So when Japan attacked who should be surprised?  NO ONE, but FDR least of all.

Was it a conspiracy? No not at all.  It however is real world politics or statesman ship, like that played by the big boys.  The dead on both sides are... well they are all still dead, never more to ever be heard or seen again.  That is both a tragedy as well as a cautionary tail for the future.  The wise will heed this lesson while the foolish will repeat the class year.

What Obama and his ilk is about is destroying everything now in existence.  It is his fervent hope to rebuild society in his own image on the ashes of the previous society.  Making civil wars more likely and destroying the old to create a blank canvas to draw on in the future is just one statesman ship strategy of many.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next