Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 21, 2014, 12:28:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: going south  (Read 967 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: August 29, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »

I'm headed for the gulf.  if i get the chance i'll check up on JP and schawee and let you all know how they made it.  JP says all is well  grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:01:18 PM »

Have a safe trip and watch out for those southern democrats  Smiley
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 10:00:20 PM »

i know some wonderful southern democrats.  i don't understand why they are democrats, but maybe i can help redeem them.   evil

anyway...i love going to the south.  great people.  great food.  to bad i usually go because of a disaster.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 12:07:24 AM »

We usually vote for the person not the party, even if it is mostly republican.  I did vote for Gene Taylor every time  he ran, a real good democrate.  He would help you with anything that was right, also helped vets.  There were a good many of my neighbors and myself were vets.  On the road I live on there was 9 guys my age 1 didn't go, 2 went to Germany and the rest of us went to Nam.  Sorry got to rambling again.  Yuall come on down, anytime you'll probably like it to.  We do have a long growing season for flowering plants too. :

Joe
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 12:15:49 AM »

this will shock bluebee, but i don't always vote for republicans in local and state elections either.  in this state, all are so liberal that sometimes one is as good as another....or as bad!

Alexis de Tocqueville
KD4MOJ
Field Bee

Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 07:53:10 AM »

Unfortunately in our primaries, we can only vote within the party. General election you can vote for anyone.

...DOUG
KD4MOJ
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 02:55:06 PM »

As someone who was Johnny on the spot, all the Southern Democrats headed North to Michigan two generations ago to escape the poor economy the Democrats produced here in the South.  Under the Democrats we Southerners heard every noise out of Washington DC but the sounds of meat frying and money jingling.  Time about is fair play Blue,  Keep the Democrats up there with you.  Yes, the Democrat Party loves the poor, that is why they try to create so many poor Americans.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 10:26:14 PM »

Hmmmmm, maybe we’re related Kingbee  Wink 

I hope it’s not too much of a mess down there.   A flood and no electricity can sure make life miserable  Sad
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 06:53:08 AM »

When a large number of homes are blown away the water pipes get smashed and ripped out, leaving the plumbing gushing water.  In the aftermath of the 04/28/2011 tordadoes I endured almost a week sans running water because of low water pressure.  It is harder doing without running water than electrical power, you never appreciate your water till the well goes dry.  The electricity was off for a week or more and I kind of enjoyed the peace and quite.  John D Rockefeller sr's invention, Kerosene sort of gives off a romantic glow if you get my drift, and I got a lot of heavy reading done in some real tomes.  If it wasn't illegal here to shoot a whale from the cab of a moving pickup truck, I would like to try whale oil in my coal oil lamps the next time the lights go out, just for comparisons sake. 

But I am sure that there will definitely be a next time and a time after that time, just like there was a time before the last time and a time before that time.  If that were not so, we humans would never have learned to cope with disasters.

What part of the South did your people come from Blue.  Mine came out of Franklin County North Carolina.  By way of Spartanberg, South Carolina with stops in Milton County Georgia before taking root on Lookout and Sand Mountains.

I joke with folks that everyone left in the South by 1950 were moonshiners, because the Democrats drove or starved everyone else out. 
I am happy to report that my middle cousin, who was the last one of us who had to go North to find work is back and living on the old home place.  She has also completely lost all traces of her Northern accent. grin

Let's set aside all the ribbing and get serous for a minute.  The Democrats are doing the same thing to places like California and New York State that they did to the people here.  I wish to remind everyone that at the beginning of the 20th Century the states of Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, and North Carolina, EACH had a population larger than the state of California's.  In fact California and Kansas was running neck and neck population wise.   Go back with me to my second paragraph, IF IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE IT CAN AND WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.
http://www.demographia.com/db-state1900.htm

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next