Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 03:15:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen-less in August  (Read 500 times)
WWWard
New Bee

« on: August 28, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »

Ok, new queen did not take.  They killer her after finally getting her out of her cage 3 days later.  Since they still had some new eggs from the old injured queen that I removed, the girls decided to make some queen cells.  Oh joy.  There are very few drone around so the cells are useless.  Suggestions?Huh
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 02:50:42 PM »

Very few drones??

There only needs to be 15 to 20 within a 2 mile radius. If you haven't had frost yet, I would think she will be fine.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
WWWard
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 08:03:33 PM »

Purchased another queen today from a local breeder who just happened to be merging a few hives.  I hope they do not kill another queen
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:12:44 PM »

If there are queen cells or another queen in there, they will kill the newcomer. Do a VERY thorough check of all frames and the inside walls of all boxes.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next