Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 20, 2014, 07:51:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: not enough room  (Read 1012 times)
TNTBEES
New Bee

« on: August 22, 2012, 09:07:07 AM »

I'm a first year beek that is having great success( so far). I have two KTB hives that i installed 4# pkgs in last march. I also have two warre hives that i installed two nuc's into in May. I was able to catch a large swarm from Craiglist in Early June. My KTB hives are 5' so i installed the swarm in the opposite end of my pkg side with a divider. I have 40 bars total and the pkg side has filled 20 bars and the swarm side has filled 17 bars. I'm out of room. Should i quickly build another hive to transfer the swarm and it's bars into or should i store some of the honey bars to refeed this winter? I'm in Montana and don't have a good feel for what I will need to feed this winter so don't want to take any chances. Build or store?
TNTBEES
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 09:52:47 AM »

Can i transfer some of the honey bars to the other KTB hive for storage. Shake off the bees in their own hive and store the bars in the other hive until needed. Will the other hive finish capping if necessary?
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 07:32:11 PM »

Have you been feeding the bees?   If not, rob some of the honey for yourself.   grin   

Yes you can move bars from one hive to another.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next