Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 10:19:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mrs. Obama is one of us??  (Read 1163 times)
Grandpa Jim
House Bee

« on: August 15, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »

Yep...the honey came from Mrs. Obama's own beehive.  Wonder if she has ever been stung while working Her hive??
White House Honey Ale
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 12:19:54 AM »

maybe she's allergic?

who pays the beekeeper and for the supplies?  if it's not her, then that honey belongs to us.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 03:58:38 PM »

The bees and hive belong to Charlie Brandt who is a beekeeper and a staff member at the White House. So no worries, not your tax dollars.

!

Sugarbush Bees
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 05:05:25 PM »

Obama could be grafting queen cells in the south lawn and many beeks wouldn’t cut him any slack.  

I say kudos for the Obama’s for bringing bees to the White House and national attention applause applause applause  
Leave it to beeks to trash the idea Cry
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 05:27:05 PM »

...my favoirite is the garden.  Remember the photo op with the children hoeing the grass to start the garden?

...nice photo op...but why bother to hoe the grass when it is a raised bed garden?  Nothing like fake "work"

deknow
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 05:44:23 PM »

There is a shot of the garden in the video I linked. It doesn't looked raised from there.

Sugarbush Bees
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 07:05:57 PM »

What about child labor laws?   And are those kids getting paid minimum wage?
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 07:37:53 PM »

... And are those kids getting paid minimum wage?

The Prez is already grousing because his wife isn't on the Federal payroll.... yet, so don't give him anymore bright ideas.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 08:11:45 PM »

blue, i think it's a lovely idea.  i have no problem with it.  don't have a problem with the garden either.  i just don't think tax payers should cough up for their hobbies..or vacations..or whatever....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 08:35:12 PM »

I think it is great for us to have an Unofficial Bee Ambassador at the White House. Even if it was on the tax payer dime that 1 hive and extractor might be 1000.00 tops, that is a small price to pay for the publicity it gives us. A single hosted meal at the White House costs much more than that I am sure.

The hive of bees didn't cost anything. From what I know when the chef for this Administration took over the kitchen he heard that Charlie Brandt was a beekeeper and started talking to him about bringing out a hive. Mr Brandt offered to move one of his hives to the White House lawn and our Bee Ambassador was born. 

Sugarbush Bees
David McLeod
Field Bee

Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 09:10:38 PM »

While I am always glad to see bees and beekeeping getting good press it troubles me to see the ladies keeping such bad company.

Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next