Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 06:53:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VP Pick  (Read 24903 times)
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #260 on: October 15, 2012, 11:01:46 PM »

i have watched Biden for a long time.  he's got a real nasty streak.  he gets away with it because of his aw shucks persona, but the real guy is a jerk.

In Joe Biden's lets say "performance" during the Vice Presidential debates I recognized another famous politician from America's past, former Alabama Governor George Wallace.  Joe Biden's and George Wallace's demeanor in debates are one and the same.   

A confrontational style is always the debating style one takes when you are defending what you know is a loosing proposition or a position that you KNOW is on the wrong side of history.  When "Defending" the indefensible you "Rope-a-dope" the clock as much as possible by interupting and talking out of turn to interupt the audience's train of though to keep the truth coming to light.  It's really a form of lying.  Biden's debate demeanor reminds me of a little boy changing the subject away from who was playing ball in the house when aunt Edna's antique Ming vase got broken.  The only other thing I can think of to describe Biden's behavior is to compair it to a cheating husband trying to change the subject away from the lip stick on his collar. 
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2012, 02:04:17 AM »

Y’all do remember the quality standard the GOP has set for VP candidates?  Right?  You know, those real deep thinkers that can’t spell potato and makes up a new story line for Paul Revere’s midnight ride.

I don’t really like Biden, but I would rather have him a heartbeat away than GOP stars like Quayle and Palin. 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2012, 02:20:40 AM »

Given that the plural of potato is potatoes and that Biden manges the language not to mention the facts every day in ways that Jed Clampet can only dream about what is your point about Biden being better than Palin?

In fact Joe Biden would do well to take charm school as well as grammer lessons from Sara Palin.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2012, 11:22:44 AM »

story line for Paul Revere’s midnight ride.

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/06/137011636/how-accurate-were-palins-comments-on-paul-revere

you really need better info sources.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2012, 03:15:58 PM »

... story line for Paul Revere’s midnight ride.

In fact I do seem to remember that Paul Revere was arrested by the Red Coats and they towed his horse, something about not having proof of insurance or parking in a handicapped zone or something like that, I don't know, maybe they confiscated his horse because Paul Revere was riding around the country side in the middle of the night (One and two o’clock) screaming at the top of his lungs, "To arms... to arms... the Red Coats are coming." 

My next question for our leftist beek friends is what language do you think the Red Coats 'sabad' back there in 1775, Klingon?  Every Red Coat within the sound of Paul Revere’s voice knew exactly what he was doing and that is why they tried to stop him?  By the way, Paul Revere was not the only patriot who was warning the colonist or to paraphrase H. W. Longfellow, "... spreading the alarm to every Middlesex village and farm."  Paul Revere had at least two accomplishes in his nefarious deed.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #265 on: October 17, 2012, 06:04:07 AM »

Could be worse.. at least she didn't take her family to New Hampshire to see the site where the Revolution started...

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2012, 02:25:52 PM »

i bet she knows how many states there are....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #267 on: October 17, 2012, 09:15:35 PM »

Bachmann or Palin?

50 states plus
Guam
Puerto Rico
Samoa
Virgin Islands
Mariana Islands
Palau
Marshal Islands

=57 right?

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #268 on: October 17, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »

both-either.

you do know that those last 7 are not states?  no wonder you guys have a hard time with your politics! evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #269 on: October 17, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »

Kathy, you should know better than bother a Democrat with facts. They are irrelevant to them.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2012, 11:19:32 PM »

both-either.

you do know that those last 7 are not states?...

kathyp, some of them are not even territories, at least not anymore.

The “Anti-colonialist in chief” can’t even get that right.
The only organized possessions of the United States are; Guam, Puerto Rico, The U. S. Virgin Islands,  The Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa.  This would yield a total of 55 states and organized territories, supporting Obama’s biographer, Denish D’souza’s contention that Obama’s attempt to destroy the United States of America is driven by his irrational anti-colonialism. 

If you add; Midway Atoll, Palmyra Atoll, Wake Atoll, Baker and Howland Islands, Jarvis Island, Johnston Atoll, Kingman Reef, and Navassa Island, all unorganized possessions that would create an additional 8 territories, raising the total number of states and territories to 63. 

bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #271 on: October 18, 2012, 09:21:06 AM »

Kathy, you should know better than bother a Democrat with facts. They are irrelevant to them.

I was predicting a Bachmann or Palin response to the question of how many states their are rolleyes

Iddee: I have never been and likely never will be a Democrat. My political leanings are in a continued effort to punish the Republican Party for the Bush years.... They put up Mitt, so apparently they didn't get the message... 

Sugarbush Bees
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #272 on: October 18, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »

I might attempt to punish the bad, bad, bad at times, but it won't be by supporting the bad, bad, bad, bad, bad side of the coin.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2012, 10:50:56 AM »

This time around heads or tails doesn't matter. We are flipping a double headed trick coin.

Sugarbush Bees
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #274 on: October 18, 2012, 11:07:45 AM »

This time around heads or tails doesn't matter. We are flipping a double headed trick coin.
If you can not see any difference in the two presidential tickets you prolly don't need to vote anyway.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2012, 12:25:45 PM »

You probably didn't spend your time during the Romney Gov run in a neighboring state hearing his campaign ads on the radio, or reading about his Governorship in the News paper.  Wink

He is one heck of a chamelion I will give him that, he has a knack for telling people he is talking to exactly what they want to hear. Policy wise, his actions are in many ways very similar to Obama's. So we are left with the old choice of believe what he says or judge what he did.

His success was in Fooling the base during the primary, now the Party is so focused on getting a R in the Whitehouse they don't care what his policies are, they are voting for him anyway... 

A Romney Admin will reflect similar policies as we currently have with a cronyism similar to what we saw with Bush JR. Gov contracts galore for Companies he was previously associated with... One more expensive lesson for the Party with little chance they will learn anything.     

Sugarbush Bees
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »

>A Romney Admin will reflect similar policies as we currently have with cronyism

I have a hard time accepting anything you say about Romney after reading some of your other leftist comments about this and other subjects.
Even if the cronyism you speak of were true, cronyism is not our only or most important thing going on in this country. Things like energy independence, foreign policy, SS, medicare and welfare reform and a host of other things need to be delt with and it is obvious the guy running things now has proved he is not capable of dealing with them.
When a head coach of a big football school doesn't win he is replaced or a big company is loosing money the CEO is fired and that is in order here.
There are no guaranties but we have got to try someone else.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2012, 03:34:22 PM »

I have a hard time believing anything you say about Romney after reading some of your other leftist comments
I will vouch for Bluegrass.  What he says is reality.

Isn’t it funny how the Republican party keeps going more and more right wing yet they keep on nominating moderates and liberals for the top of their ticket.  Heck if I were to pick any Republican as my choice for President it would be Romney!  Doesn’t that tell our right wings beeks something about Romney!

I don’t see a Romney admin being much different than an Obama admin either; what I’m more concerned about is getting the right wingers out of Congress.   That’s where they do the most damage.  

When a head coach of a big football school doesn’t win he is replaced
This is TRUE, unfortunately many times you end up with somebody much WORSE.  Rich Rodriguez turned the winning-est program in college football into a joke Sad  

Or  a big company is losing money the CEO is fired
LOL, are you kidding me?  What a joke!   CEOs don’t get fired for bad decisions.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2012, 05:12:19 PM »

"""I will vouch for Bluegrass.  What he says is reality."""    lau lau lau

I would put more faith in Bluegrass than Bluebee. At least his posts are plausible, even if they are ridiculous.

*Shel Silverstein*
JPBEEGETTER
House Bee

« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2012, 05:22:54 PM »

Finish line  AMEN
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next