Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 17, 2014, 09:44:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VP Pick  (Read 23205 times)
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2012, 01:10:45 PM »

... we have a health care provider in town that i am very familiar with.  they have a fee for missing an appointment and not calling in...

That is the crux of the problem.  How far in advance must you know when or if you will be feeling poorly or have a booboo on your pinkey finger, so you can make an appointment to see your personal doctor?  Regardless of who you see, your family doc, the ER doc, or a Nurse Preaticioner play doc, they are going to sling two aspirins or a handfull of sutures your way.  Its sometimes called "Treat and Street" at least when the customer isn't within ear shot.  kathyp, My feeling is that if a customer with say a fish hook in his hand walked in the door of the doctor you mentioned, the receptionist would redirect that customer to the ER defore she or he asked for his name. 

The doctor patient relationship has been destroyed when no one was looking and it will never recover or be the same relationship it was before Congress, our Presidents, and the Court System came between you and your doctor.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »

Back to the VP Pick! The airways are a buzz with Biden's thorough trouncing of Ryan in last nights debate... The VP debates don't move polls anyway, but I am shocked at the surprise that news outlets seem to be portraying... Biden is a seasoned Politician and he did exceptionally well in the Debate with Palin 4 years ago..

Ryan on the other hand has spent 13 years in Congress accomplishing nothing... well almost nothing... he did get a post office renamed.  Not a single bill he drafted is law today...

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2012, 01:12:55 PM »

The airways are a buzz with Biden's thorough trouncing of Ryan in last nights debate

something is interfering with the signal that you are pulling in.   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2012, 01:50:42 PM »

The airways are a buzz with Biden's thorough trouncing of Ryan in last nights debate

Even nonpolitical types are telling me that they are aghast that the horse's pattotie knows as Vice-President Joe Biden is a heart beat away from the job of President.

Biden may have shoveled a lot of mangled red meat into the cages of the people who make up the Democrat Party's base, but his clown like performance didn't win over a single uncommitted voter because they typically are more educated, more articulate and more thoughtful than Joe Biden.

I also have not heard a single political commentator (not even the MSNBC Rachel Maddog types) claim any such victory.

However I do have a likely reason or maybe it is an excuse for Obama's poor showing in the October 6th debate.  Michelle is riding his butt again to give up tobacco!!! He sure looked to me like he could use a long drag on a Kingsize Kool.  evil
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2012, 02:11:19 PM »

I also have not heard a single political commentator (not even the MSNBC Rachel Maddog types) claim any such victory.

I tend to avoid our own mainstream media... This poll shows a clear "winner"
http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/vpdebate-online-verdict-0022368

Sugarbush Bees
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2012, 02:31:07 PM »

""Maybe there should be more questions and a test before we allow people to hunt and fish ?""

Bluebee, Here in NC, a democrat controlled state, you have to go to gun safety class to hunt a squirrel and kill it.

You don't have to go if you want to buy a gun to kill a yankee.   fishhit lau lau lau

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Vance G
Field Bee

« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »

I was not a Romney fan and was fairly ticked that I was going to have to vote for him because the young Marxist's mission to destroy this country must at least be slowed.  His appointment of Ryan, a solid conservative and a first rate mind gave me hope.  Romney's debate with aforementioned Marxist gave me confidence that the Republic might possibly be re established!  Ryan was too content to let Biden demonstrate his mastery of bullying and buffoonerly.  But, it was two against one with the moderator leading and bailing out good old Joe regularly.  All, in All, I have hope and was happy with Ryans performance. 
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #247 on: October 12, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »

I myself am not on the fence. But today I talked to a couple people that were on the fence. The Obama debate had them teetering,but Bidens performance left them fearful that if something happened to Obama that we could be left with a real nut case running the country. these people had never really known or paid attention to Biden before but were shocked about his performance last night. He was a real deal sealer one way or the other.
 One had commented that they felt sorry for his family after a public demonstration like that and mentioned that he bets his wife would never have allowed a student to act that way.
  I did not see much of it,but I intend to see a replay this weekend somewhere.But from what I've heard the moderator might well have been another debater with the Obama team.
I can say over the years that Jim Lehrer has been one of the more fair moderators.Others should learn from him.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #248 on: October 12, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »

as one who plays on AJ quite a bit, this is priceless!!

now there's an unbiased opinion for you!!   lau

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »

as one who plays on AJ quite a bit, this is priceless!!

now there's an unbiased opinion for you!!   lau

Go ahead and laugh... but social network polls are my go to for fair and balanced reporting.

Sugarbush Bees
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »

Social networks or not, I imagine most Hussein supporters go to AJ for their news. It will always be satisfying to the muslims and there supporters.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »

HILLARY CLINTON said a couple years ago that rolleyes Aljazeera is the only place to get the real news.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2012, 08:40:25 PM »

HILLARY CLINTON said a couple years ago that rolleyes Aljazeera is the only place to get the real news.

That probably is a pretty realistic statement... BBC 10-15 years ago used to be pretty unbiased, but even they aren't any longer... Aljezeera puts out some really good reporting especially if you are focusing on their "Americas" news.

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2012, 09:42:02 PM »

that might be true for her!

Aljezeera puts out some really good reporting especially if you are focusing on their "Americas" news.

they are very biased and usually inaccurate when it comes to reporting US news.  however...their comment sections are very good in that they allow very open debate.  they are far better at this than US left wing sites.  + the debate is usually more civil than on US left wing sites.  same slant but higher caliber of poster...most of the time.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2012, 11:53:05 PM »

If you feel you must go to Beirut Lebanon to get quality news and reporting from al Jazeria, is it any wonder then that America has lost so many manufacturing jobs over the last twenty years.  Because if as some of you say MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC and FNC are "manufacturing" trash and selling it as news, what then would you call (In Joe Biden's words) the "malarkey" coming out of Detroit and other centers of American Industry?  I view all social media networks as nothing but echo chambers whose sole value is their contributions on the fringes to a phantom median opinion.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2012, 08:24:02 PM »

AN APPROPRIATE SUMMATION COULD BE DRAWN FROM THE RYAN/BIDEN DEBATE.
  "If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet." --Proverbs 29:9

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:11:44 AM by iddee » Logged

*Shel Silverstein*
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »

Biden reminded me of the cheshire cat. grinning like a fool
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2012, 08:17:38 PM »

Biden reminded me of the cheshire cat. grinning like a fool

But wouldn't you be proud for him to be your president if something were to happen to Obama? embarassed embarassed
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2012, 11:00:19 PM »

LOL, is there somebody the right wing beeks despise more than Obama?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2012, 11:33:08 PM »

i have watched Biden for a long time.  he's got a real nasty streak.  he gets away with it because of his aw shucks persona, but the real guy is a jerk.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next