Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 12:37:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VP Pick  (Read 24776 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #220 on: October 02, 2012, 06:49:39 PM »

Hoo Hoo!!!!
Lets not figure in what the trial lawyers have contributed to the cost of medicine!! They are an untouchable Holy Grail for some reason. In all the talk of Health care cost reform,no where is the cost of trial lawyers brought into the equation.  Its only the insurance companies!! Perhaps the insurance companies payouts in huge settlements are a factor? Just assuming risk is costly. Which also drives more extensive testing than necessary because a doctor has to cover all bases for fear of being sued.
And how about the people that tie up ER's because they have a headache or a dang ole runny nose. And then demanding antibiotics for something only time will heal. And I can't tell you how many nights while listening to the scanner that I hear ambulance calls for headaches ,toothaches and the like. Not that these wastes of resources cost anything. I've even heard calls for a return trip because they still have a headache . Sometimes the people themselves need to suck it up and quit being seekers of instant gratification. We are becoming a nation of sissies that help drive up costs unnecessarily.
  And  on another tangent,a lot of the costs are associated with a fast changing medical technological breakthroughs. New inventions cost money, and the company that invested hundreds of millions to bring it to market are entitled to a profit.
How many services are provided today on an outpatient or same day surgery that previously would have left you in the hospital for a week?
 It is only profit in the private sector that makes these changes in treatment available. If the government gets any more involved I can only see it stifling innovation and creativity. And I can see a lot of these tech companies moving into other fields away from the medical industry.
That will be a plus for all, more equal but lousy treatment options.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #221 on: October 02, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »

And back to the original post of the VP pick,he is a step in the right direction,hopefully he will participate in budget conversations. But sadly,these two are not conservative enough or Constitutionalist enough to gain my total favor. Compared to the current occupants I give them a thumbs up.
But I think they  will only be slowing the financial bus from running off the cliff. Hopefully we get a House of Representatives with the guts to slam the brakes and put the bus in reverse.We can no longer afford to borrow 40 cents of every dollar spent. Nor could we ever. It is not fair to the future generations who will have to pay it back without having had any say in how it was spent.
If we need to shut the government down,so be it.I am sick and tired of it always being the taxpayer who has to do with less in lean times and the government continuing spending like it has no real need to stop.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #222 on: October 02, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »

He will not be participating in any conversation unless he wins his congressional seat and looses as VP. VP's only active roll is presiding over the Senate. Matters of the budget take place in Congress.

I think as VP Ryan will be largely unheard. Romney will drive his own bus once President and in his own direction... A direction similar to the direction he went in MA.

Sugarbush Bees
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #223 on: October 03, 2012, 06:56:50 PM »

I believe Romney and Ryan may talk over budget ideas. And there may be times that the tie breaker vote may be needed.Just depending on Senate elections.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #224 on: October 03, 2012, 10:28:01 PM »

VPs have an active a roll as the president chooses them to have.  if you have an FDR type, they have none. if you have a reagan, they have more.  it is true that they have no vote, but that's not the same as saying they have no influence.  in addition, they are often, as we see ryan doing now, sent out to articulate the position of the team.  ryan does that well.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #225 on: October 04, 2012, 03:42:12 AM »

Hoo Hoo!!!!  ...and how about the people that tie up ER's because they have a headache or a dang ole runny nose. And then demanding antibiotics for something only time will heal...

This is the fault of the American people and it is their fault alone.  While you and I were spazing over the I Love Lucy Show, Fretting about who shot JR, going gaga over Lady Gaga, or wondering about other weighty issues like if Liz Taylor was a Clairol Girl, the Nanny Staters changed the name of the game from health care to preventive medcine without any of you noticing.  Nowadays, a Doctor is supposed to "Mannage" your health care, not cure you.  Many General Practitioners have a 4 to 6 week waiting period just for the next appointment date.  If you try to see most doctors now days without an appointment, say for a cut, sprain, or fever, the doc is just going to tell you to, "Go to the ER, act like your crazy, take a number and wait."
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #226 on: October 04, 2012, 06:48:39 AM »

Per my quote above Kingbee,these are situations that need to take their course,not a trip to a medical professional. It is equivalent to calling an electrician to plug in an extension cord.
 Most insurance companies have had to raise co pays to ERs substantially to deter the trips that chicken soup and a little rest do just as much to relieve.
 But of course the ones on medicaid often do not have these deductibles,so the abuse can continue.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #227 on: October 04, 2012, 08:42:08 AM »

a national health plan won't fix it either.  the waiting will be increased, not reduced.  the ER will still be the first choice of the impatient and lazy.

we have a health care provider in town that i am very familiar with.  they have a fee for missing an appointment and not calling in.  this encourages people to show up and more people can be served.  they are not allowed to charge that fee to medicaid people.  guess which people will routinely schedule appointments and not show?   those are time slots that are wasted for provider and patients. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #228 on: October 04, 2012, 09:09:18 AM »

a national health plan won't fix it either.  the waiting will be increased, not reduced.  the ER will still be the first choice of the impatient and lazy.

In the last 15 years I have worked for 5 hospitals in various parts of the country. The majority of ED visitors get discharged straight from the ED. Most inpatients are Direct Admits from their PCPs or in cases of Trauma direct to the OR. No waiting at all.

I personally have made two visits to the ED in my life... Both required Sutures.. 30 on the first time and 5 on the second... Neither time did I have to wait in the waiting room... they didn't want me bleeding on the carpets... When you present to the ED you first see a triage nurse who assesses your condition and gives it a rating... The long waits go to those who are assessed as not needing to be there to begin with... Anybody in moderate to critical condition gets priority.   

Sugarbush Bees
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #229 on: October 04, 2012, 07:05:48 PM »

I personally have made two visits to the ED in my life... Neither time did I have to wait in the waiting room... The long waits go to those who are assessed as not needing to be there to begin with...    

For those of you who may or may not fall into the class 5 group (the least critical) after seeing the Triage Nurse or after the Triage nurse seeing you, here is a wee bit of advice.  If you try to pickup a still flopping catfish on the bottom of your boat and end up getting badly "finned," don't use your fish shears or wire cutters to cut the fin to free the still flopping fish from your hand.  I did that once and it was a mistake because I ended up waiting hours and hours in the waiting room.  But if I had walked into the ER with a 3 pound live cat fish firmly attached to my left hand by the barbed pectorial fin, I would have gone right into a treatment room if for no other reason than to keep the other people in the ER waiting room from freaking out.

hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #230 on: October 05, 2012, 08:32:45 AM »

I would imagine the same for a snake bite!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #231 on: October 05, 2012, 09:10:22 AM »

If I were the Triage Nurse that day I would have snipped the fin, planted you back in the waiting room and had the fish for lunch  grin

Sugarbush Bees
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #232 on: October 05, 2012, 09:17:06 AM »

lau lau lau lau

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #233 on: October 05, 2012, 09:34:33 AM »

I would also inform the Kingbee that noodling is illegal in most states  Wink
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #234 on: October 05, 2012, 07:18:28 PM »

I would also inform the Kingbee that noodling is illegal in most states ...

Boy.... we Southerns have a diffrent view of game laws, than y'all Yankees.  Noodling illegal!!!  Why you could just as well try and outlaw Elianor Roosevelt for all the good it would do.  I have deer hunted with old timers that I would not go to their stand if I heard a shot.  At least not before returning my UNLOADED gun to the truck or hiding it in the woods because when I got to his stand I never knew what gender or age Bambi I would find.

Aah, contrair messieurs, BlueBee & Bluegrass.  Women make us men do bocu stupid things, oui?  I was the jigger poll angling for le shell cracker and hooked instead (barely) la cat fishy.  When I boated her the hook he slipped out of the mouth.  Herr Katzfish was ga-flopping in der bottom of zee boat like... well like a fishy out of water.  I being descended from a long line of stout, no nonsense Red Necks hung back, watching and waiting.

Then my adrenalin junkey wife the triage Nurse shouted, "Don't let him get away!!!"  So like all dutiful husbands since Adam first shook the apple tree for Eve, I pounced on la kitty fishy with the bare hand.  The first words out of my wife's mouth was, "Oh Honey, I'm sorry, I didn't know that those fins were barbed."  I will spare your tender ears the first words out of my own mouth.  tongue  tongue  tongue
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2012, 12:08:27 AM »

You can do all the noodling you want up this way, not illegal as far as I know. You just will not catch anything. We don't have those big cats like you have down south. We have Horned Pout (bull heads) and the occasional Channel cat, but none of the monster Flats and Blues.

Now limb and trot lining you wouldn't want to get caught doing around here... They frown on that.     

Sugarbush Bees
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #236 on: October 06, 2012, 01:13:24 AM »

Kingbee, it sounds like we might need to report you to PETA too  Wink

Maybe there should be more questions and a test before we allow people to hunt and fish ?  After all, what is wrong with a few more questions (ala voter ID)...... grin   
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #237 on: October 06, 2012, 03:03:13 AM »

... what is wrong with a few more questions [before we allow you to fish or hunt.

Now I wasn't in the congregation that morning or even a member of this church, but back in the 60s a preacher told me that his entire male audience got up and left the church one Sunday morning when a late comer said that as he was arriving a doe deer crossed the road a 1/2 mile from the church.  grin

I'm glad to know that it is legal to hand fish, grapple, or noodle up 'thair'.  I was a'fraid that the reason they didn't want folks sticking their hands under cut banks was because they were a'fraid someone would interupt the eternal sleep of James Hoffa Sr. or maybe New York Judge Joseph Force Carter.  grin shocked
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #238 on: October 06, 2012, 09:32:19 PM »

I would imagine the same for a snake bite!

You mean if you still had old No Shoulders chewing on your fingers like they were a cigar? 

Well hardwood, in that case I'M OUT OF THERE TOO.  shocked
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #239 on: October 07, 2012, 09:35:04 AM »

Hmm,
I am a Peta supporter.

People eating tasty animals.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: