Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 10:58:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VP Pick  (Read 24966 times)
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2012, 01:34:07 PM »

1:  It’s not Obama dumping 40 billion a month in the stock market, it’s Mr Bernanke.  He’s the head of the Fed; an independent gov agency. 

http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Fed-s-Evans-Says-QE3-Can-Make-Economy-More-3874332.php

Before you jump to the old “Right Wing Nut” defense people on the left trot out every time they are confronted with the facts, notice that this news item first appeared in the SAND FRANCISCO CRONICLE.  That is the same paper BTW that first reported (In 2007) on Obama’s plan to cause electricity (And all other forms of energy) to “Necessarily skyrocket.”  Tell that to your unemployed UAW neighbors in Michigan and then you and the UAW will both know where the jobs went to and how to get them back in Michigan where they belong.  On January 20 2009 the day that Obama took office, the price of gasoline was $1.80 per gallon.  It is now flirting with (if not exceeding) $4 per gallon for the second time in just the last couple of months.

Also notice in the above clip that your Mr. Bernanke says that the FED intends Obams’s third round of Quantitative Easing to help the government bond market…. IN EUROPE!  You do know where that is don’t you?   Hint, dude you can’t get there from Michigan without a BIG pair of hip waders.  Well Spain and Greece are also in Europe. 

The purchase of ASSETS is just another way of saying STOCKS.  Who’s laughing now?  Besides your view of the rich sounds like Scrooge McDuck taking a dip in his a big old pile ‘o’ coins and cash or elsee makes it sound like the rich hoard cash like a Mexican drug lord.  Neither you nor I are that simple minded… Are you? ! ? ! ? !

bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »

What were the gas prices in April 2008? A barrel of oil on the exchange at that time was $140.00... today it is $96.00. The gas price argument had a lot of pull in 2004, but today it isn't a hot issue because people don't blame the president for gas prices any longer. Gas prices started climbing in 2001 and went nothing but up until 2008 when the market crash brought the price down...Bush still holds the record for highest increase in gas prices during his Administration... Now the market has rebound and prices are back up again... I just drive less.. I have a car that gets over 40 mpg... I have a truck that gets about 10 MPG... The car gets driven much more than the truck when prices get up over $3.00 a gallon.

Sugarbush Bees
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2012, 05:31:33 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/natalie-pace/oil-imports_b_1854832.html

The über liberal left wing Huffington Post reports that foreign oil usage under President Barrack Husain Obama is lower that it was under any year of the George Walker Bush Administration.  The data the Huffington Post quotes goes back to 1997.  This was a full four years before G.W. Bush was President but it also goes 4 years back into Bill Clinton’s Administration.  The trouble is that Obama has done everything possible to discourage any and all energy usage and production in the United States except for his money wasting and unrealistic green energy programs.

This selective use of the facts by the Huffington Post  only serves to highlight how far Barrack Obama has run our economy into the ground parcially to help Third World Countries feel better about their own high poverty levels in relation to the standard of living in this country.   The only question is how far will we allow our own standard of living to fall or to be trashed before we take action to stop the slide. 

Obama is trashing the USA to to make the "Dreams from My Father" Obama talkes about in his book of the same name become a reality.  Do you dream one day of sharing your living quarters with your very own goat?  If you can't dream any higher than that them Obama is the man of your dreams.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2012, 05:47:07 PM »

I’ve never owned a goat, but I hear some people are quite fond of them.

Kingbee, you ever visited Appalachia?  Lots of new millionaires in Western PA and Eastern Ohio would disagree that Obama is limiting production.  Problem is most of the new shale fields are natural gas; not liquids.  We need liquids to run our cars and trucks and hence we’re still slaves to the middle east.  The 1%ers won’t let Obama drill on their waterfront estates, so the best he can do is cut liquid consumption via conservation.  He increased the CAFÉ standards for cars and trucks for the first time in about 20 years.  That and using 40% of our corn for fuel, does make a dent Smiley     
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2012, 05:59:41 PM »

I just drive less.. I have a car that gets over 40 mpg... I have a truck that gets about 10 MPG... The car gets driven much more than the truck when prices get up over $3.00 a gallon.

and are you satisfied with that?  will you be happy to eat less as food prices rise, or do less of whatever as the economy and the dollar continue to collapse? QE3 was yet another attempt to stave off that collapse.  you can't pump forever.  what happens when there is no value left in the dollar? what happens as our credit rating is lowered yet again?  what happens when we can't pay the debt or the debt is called?  what happens when the debtor nations sell off the dollar because it's not worth enough to keep?
what happens when the middle east blows up, as i believe it will over the next few years, and we have not built the pipeline, drilled, etc?  what happens to trade if instead of a few somali pirates, we have an entire islamist region demanding tribute on the high seas, across air space, or land routes.....as we have cut our navy to the bone and can't keep up with their combined forces?

That and using 40% of our corn for fuel, does make a dent

makes quite a hole in our food prices too.  especially when we and others have had a bad year of harvest. 

The 1%ers won’t let Obama drill on their waterfront estates,

really?  give me some examples.  the majority increase in oil drilling has come from 1.  drilling approved and started before obama was elected and 2. from private lands. in addition, his new regulations are destroying the coal industry and the US is a major source of high grade coal.

what is a 1% anyway?  someone who is successful?  what a rotten thing to be!!   

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2012, 06:21:51 PM »

I just drive less.. I have a car that gets over 40 mpg... I have a truck that gets about 10 MPG... The car gets driven much more than the truck when prices get up over $3.00 a gallon.

and are you satisfied with that?  will you be happy to eat less as food prices rise, or do less of whatever as the economy and the dollar continue to collapse? QE3 was yet another attempt to stave off that collapse.  you can't pump forever.  what happens when there is no value left in the dollar? what happens as our credit rating is lowered yet again?  what happens when we can't pay the debt or the debt is called?  what happens when the debtor nations sell off the dollar because it's not worth enough to keep?
what happens when the middle east blows up, as i believe it will over the next few years, and we have not built the pipeline, drilled, etc?  what happens to trade if instead of a few somali pirates, we have an entire islamist region demanding tribute on the high seas, across air space, or land routes.....as we have cut our navy to the bone and can't keep up with their combined forces?

It has nothing to do with the President as history has indicated. You want lower fuel costs? Start with the State and attack them on the taxes they levy against gasoline... Nobody complains about the .48 or so cent tax that states put on gasoline (Prices very by state) The bottom line is that regardless of who is President, the price of gas is going to be what it is going to be. Crude is a limited resource and countries compete for it... Investors speculate on supply v. Demand and they drive the prices...

As far as all the wind turbines going up everywhere... tell the riggers, the welders, the truck drivers, the concrete workers, the line men who are on those projects that they are a waste of money. Drill baby drill? Shell released an article two days ago that they just received the green light to drill a new area in Alaska... You search new US oil well starts on google and you get 1000s of recent articles on the topic. There is all kinds of drilling going on in North Dakota right now... I know several people who have moved their for work.

On food prices: those are directly related to cost of production and that is cyclical. Cost rise to ship from the west coast to the east... prices rise, people seek alternative foods... local farmers get a boost and increase production prices level out. We do not produce a fraction of what the USA is capable of producing... and we throw away about 40% of what is currently produced.

On the value of the US dollar: It has no value and hasn't in years... As long as I am willing to take it as payment for services surrendered, and you are willing to take it also, and the guy down the street will take it... it doesn't matter that it doesn't have value.

On the National Debt...  Like I said before... It doesn't really exist. And also on that front the lower the US credit ratting gets... The better for the people who scream about the national debt all the time... Because Congress will be forced to stop spending money they can't barrow. 

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2012, 09:13:44 PM »

Start with the State and attack them on the taxes they levy against gasoline... Nobody complains about the .48 or so cent tax that states put on gasoline (Prices very by state)

i do.  especially when it goes into the general slush fund.
The bottom line is that regardless of who is President, the price of gas is going to be what it is going to be. Crude is a limited resource and countries compete for it... Investors speculate on supply v. Demand and they drive the prices...

first part wrong.  second part right.  the first part is wrong on a couple of points.  when you have a president who restricts supply in this country, he, at the least, is not going to bring prices down.  if you have a president who badly misjudges the middle ease, his policies are going to drive the price up. 
on the second, see the 1st.  if the supply is up because we are drilling more, the price goes down.  even when we say we are going to drill more, the price goes down.  remember when bush said he was going to open more off shore and federal lands to drilling?
As far as all the wind turbines going up everywhere... tell the riggers, the welders, the truck drivers, the concrete workers, the line men who are on those projects that they are a waste of money

not the point if the return does not exceed the cost...and what car takes wind in it's tank?

Drill baby drill? Shell released an article two days ago that they just received the green light to drill a new area in Alaska... You search new US oil well starts on google and you get 1000s of recent articles on the topic. There is all kinds of drilling going on in North Dakota right now... I know several people who have moved their for work.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/9547566/Shell-delays-offshore-drilling-in-Alaskan-Arctic.html
the shell drilling is on hold. 
again, not the point. 
http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/energy/oil_and_gas/statistics/Table08.html

yes, there are many wells being drilled, but on state and private land out of the reach of the feds.  why is the number higher than the Clinton years and before?  because the tech is better at finding and reaching new finds.

On the value of the US dollar: It has no value and hasn't in years... As long as I am willing to take it as payment for services surrendered, and you are willing to take it also, and the guy down the street will take it... it doesn't matter that it doesn't have value.

only true if you are trading pretty shells for pig brains.  makes a big difference if you are involved in international trade and it impacts the price of oil.

On the National Debt...  Like I said before... It doesn't really exist. And also on that front the lower the US credit ratting gets... The better for the people who scream about the national debt all the time... Because Congress will be forced to stop spending money they can't barrow. 

greece will be interested to hear that it doesn't matter.  so will china.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #207 on: September 23, 2012, 07:34:14 AM »

Imagine what the gas would cost if the economy was booming. The world economy is in the dumps and it's 4 dollars. If the economy was chugging along I can not imagine the price going down.
As far as corn  ,every bushel that goes into mandated ethanol does not feed one person. Directly or indirectly. The droughts of this past summer in the corn belts will not show up in food and fuel prices until next year probably.
The other stinker of ethanol in the fuel is that it reduces fuel economy.
Ethanol btu per gallon is  76000 versus 114000 for gasoline. Smoke and mirrors . You get cleaner burning but have to burn more of it.
With these games one day you may have to choose between eating and driving.But,if you make transportation to expensive for the individual it will be easier to corral the servants into the cities where they can be better managed. They will build fences to keep you in,not keep others out.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #208 on: September 23, 2012, 10:07:24 AM »

You get cleaner burning but have to burn more of it.

not even sure this part is true.  seems i heard somewhere that it spews more/different crap into the air.  will have to look  that up.

never mind what it does to our engines.  engine repair and replacement has probably been the one area of the economy helped by this junk. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2012, 01:00:29 AM »

Wow, I can’t believe you don’t know of anybody unemployed.  There are lots of lots of people in

Michigan in that boat and I know plenty...

This sort of thing reminds me of the old saw, "The country is doing fine because everyone I come into contact is doing well because if they aren't doing well I (BlueGrass) don't come into contact with them."

Of course since the State of Connecticut is a big player in the insurance business I suspect everyone in the Nutmeg State will be doing well or at least looking forwand to doing well in the new National Health Care Insurance racket.  Almost all of you will soon loose your employer provided health insurance like Sears employees did today.  Suck it up suckers.  Bon Apatite .

Lets play the health care inflation game.  I'll go first. 

In February of 1981 what was the hospital cost for labor and delivery with an incubator for the baby, a tubal, with a 5 day stay in the hospital?  Labor stretched over parts of 3 days.  The doctor bill had been paid in full before the hospital stay.  The only charges due were the hospital bill.  Any one want to play?
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2012, 11:59:43 PM »

I have no idea Kingbee, but the cost today far exceeds the rate of inflation since 1981.  Hence the need to TRY something new to reign in the costs because it will eventually bankrupt us.  Nothing our Republican friends have done in the past 30 years have done diddy poo to rein in costs, hence it’s time to try something different. 

What do you call it when you try the SAME thing over and over and expect a different result?

Afterthought:  I guess Romney care was a successful Republican idea  grin

bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »

Kingbee: When you put something in quotes (these things "") you are supported to actually quote word for word rolleyes

My point is that the media sensationalizes joblessness in this Country. My second point was that due to the shift away from a manufacturing economy and a Unionized work force; unemployment numbers don't impact elections like they used to. A glance at the electoral college map show clearly that joblessness isn't really a factor for the electorate. Some of the states with the highest unemployment are leaning heavily for Obama. Examples are California, Nevada, Rhode Island, and New Jersey all at or above 10% and all leaning towards Obama. Lowest Unemployment in the country is North Dakota and that one isn't going for Obama... The Job numbers mean nothing in this election, contrary to Media Hype.

This election is about party Affiliation and nothing else. You can take all of what Romney has done and supported in his life and paste it on any Democrat and the people who are supporting Romney would make all kinds of Hay out of his record...

Sear's employees haven't lost their Health Insurance... They never had any.  Sears has always been a self payer and now they are giving their employees an Insurance Voucher (think along the lines of what the "Ryan budget" proposes for medicare)  so they can buy insurance.  Nice attempt at spin though.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:31:29 PM by bluegrass » Logged

Sugarbush Bees
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2012, 05:19:08 PM »

The well baby 5 day hospital bill and surgery on the wife, everything, lock, stock, and barrel, out the door was $1,800 31 years ago.  Anyone want to bet it's not over 30K in today's world of government mandated treatments, services, and hospital stays?

If you think the cost of life has gone up, on a sadder note, my mother pasted away on September 29 2012.  Yesterday me and her grandchildren made the funeral arrangements.  We used the same home we did for my father 28 years ago.  Before making my mother's arrangements I asked to see my father's funeral invoice.  In 28 years the cost of dying has rose 400%. 

The quantitative easing some of you seem to be so fond of is little more than a hidden but cruel tax on the life savings of the middle class.  At the same time the low intrest rates on deposits is just another way for Obama to use his class warfare pitard to blow the guts out of the middle class he claims he cares for.  At the same time he is double crossing teachers, and union members who have large amounts of IRA or pention fund monies on deposit.  Today the union members pentions are worth less than they were yesterday, and tomorrow will be worth less than they are today, and Obama has you blaiming... WAL-MART!!!  It would be funny if it were not so sad.   
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »

Sorry to hear about your Mom, Kingbee.  Sad

It is odd how some things have skyrocketed well above inflation, but some haven’t.  My right wing friends may agree with my belief that a lot of this is form a lack of competition.  If competition was allowed to exit in those areas, the prices would be lower.  Am I on the right track?  Smiley
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #214 on: October 02, 2012, 09:04:34 AM »

Anybody stop and think about what your income was in 1980 compared to today?

Census data shows the average household income in 1980 $16,523, average for 2011 49,103.

That is a 300% increase. So the cost of dying hasn't really risen all that much.

I am getting donated to science... Unless my family at that time wants to buy a plot or headstone for an empty grave my death will cost them nothing.

Sugarbush Bees
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #215 on: October 02, 2012, 09:11:26 AM »

Census data shows the average household income in 1980 $16,523, average for 2011 49,103.

That is a 300% increase.
Yea that was after four years of Jimmy Carter. 20 years of republicans and the last four years of Clinton shows a big improvement in our economic welfare and now another Carter in control and things are in decline.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #216 on: October 02, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »

The well baby 5 day hospital bill and surgery on the wife, everything, lock, stock, and barrel, out the door was $1,800 31 years ago.  Anyone want to bet it's not over 30K in today's world of government mandated treatments, services, and hospital stays?

I will bet it isn't.. 4 years ago it cost us $6800.00 for a C-section and three day hospital stay. On April 15th 2013 I will be able to report back on what it cost now. It will be higher than that because of our geographic location now compared to 2008, but I doubt it will be 30K... Probably closer to 12 K.

Sugarbush Bees
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #217 on: October 02, 2012, 09:45:43 AM »

That is a 300% increase.
Yea that was after four years of Jimmy Carter. 20 years of republicans and the last four years of Clinton shows a big improvement in our economic welfare and now another Carter in control and things are in decline.

Okay so lets look at the trend:
1976 average was $11308
1980 average was $ 16523
That is a difference of $5215 (carter Admin)

1980 to 1984 average of $20935, that is a difference of $4412

1984 to 1988 average of $25664, that is a difference of $4729 (Reagan admin)
Dang... good thing Reagan saved us shocked

1988- 1992 average of $29448 differences of $3784 (Bush 1)

1992- 1996 Average of $34652, Difference of $5204 (Clinton)

1996-2000 Average of $41186, difference of $6534 (Clinton)

2000-2004 Average of $43497 difference of $2311 (Bush 2)

2004-2008 Average of $49341 difference of $ $5844 (Bush 2)

Sugarbush Bees
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2012, 01:29:12 PM »

Now-Now, lets be fair and compair oranges to oranges.  Since Barrack Hussain Obama was elected, American household income has not increased, even by the small amounts it did under Bush 2.  And President Carter should be BlueBee's favorite all time President since he presided over an economy with 20% annual inflation even though the annual household income only increased by about 10% a year.

Now are you ready for this?  Under his "Make the Evil American Devils" pay for their success policies, the annual US family household income has shrunk by over $3,000 since President Obama's election to the nations highest office.  Please explain how a negative personal income entitles this President or anyother President 4 more years to perfect his policies of class warfare, class greed, and global income redistribution.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/23/fact-check-income-losses-under-obama/
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #219 on: October 02, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »

To be fair I used the census numbers for 4 year for all the rest of the Presidents I listed. We only have 3 years of numbers for Obama, the 2012 numbers are not out yet. Your source only used 2 years of numbers for Obama and they state that in Paragraph three... The two worst years in this recession I might add. So when the official numbers are out for 4 years... We can re-asses the situation... To Be Fair Wink

Sugarbush Bees
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next