Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 24, 2014, 09:20:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VP Pick  (Read 28606 times)
sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2012, 08:21:20 PM »

The Fed past a third round of money printing today. I think they call it QE3. They are going to dump 40 billion a month of printed money into the stock market and the wall street people are going to be happy. Just in time for the election BTW. I think the way this works Gold prices will go up and the value of the dollar will go down.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »

One thing to consider about Healthcare is that nothing detrimental to major PACs or other Interests makes it in Washington. Healthcare and Health Insurance are two very heavy hitter's when it comes to "soft money" in Washington. The interest groups all have elements they don't like about the healthcare overhaul, but they could have easily killed it in Washington if they wanted too.

They stand to make big money off of this law, I will not deny that... And likely it is money that will be made off the backs of the working American.

Hospitals all across this country are expanding as fast as they can. The hospital I work for is currently building a new patient tower which will open in 2014. It is more than doubling our current space. Others are re-organizing to maximize their positioning when the law takes effect. Healthcare is about the only area in Construction seeing rapid expansion. 

Uninsured patients make up a significant part of any hospitals patient population and whether insured or not, the Health insurance industry pay's for their care. 

The problem with the Republican's right now is that they lost their identity in the Bush Era. The issues that used to help get them elected don't work anymore.

Are we forgetting about the last mid-terms?
[/quote]
The "Republican sweep" was not made by Republicans. These were mostly libertarian candidates who ran as Republican's. Hence their approval rating being lowest in history. We will see a major change in seat holders this time around too. I would not make any bets on which party will hold the majority after the election... The Entire House may change.   

Sugarbush Bees
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2012, 04:23:19 PM »

Not sure it was libertarian as much as Tea Party candidates. I think the tea Party folks are remaining relatively quiet until election day.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »

These were mostly libertarian candidates who ran as Republican's.

don't think any of them were libertarian as I understand the word.

I think the tea Party folks are remaining relatively quiet until election day.

they have made the change from activist marching group, to practical working group.  marching in parks has limited effect in the long run.  supporting candidates, both with time and with fundraising, gets people elected.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2012, 07:37:15 AM »

as for 28 above,what military experience did Bill Clinton have. I think he was a draft dodger.
I question other "facts 'in that excerpt.

Romney also dodged the draft (2 deferments) as a Governor's Son (fortunate one), (spent his time doing 'missionary' duty in France  rolleyes) would've loved to have him sharing time w/ me and my brothers at any firebase in S/E Asia (Clinton too for that matter). 

And what about those five young, strapping sons of his?....Why they were/are MIA in the midst of 2 two unpaid for Wars.  Go figure.

I wasn't going to post here as it tends to be mostly a one-sided conversation w/ little meaningfull debate.  I've taken to  reading these posts on COFFEE HOUSE for enjoyment and amusement in recent months, BUT.....After reading 'ten' pages titled 'VP Pick', I found little in substance related to Paul Ryan (R-WI) and not one poster from Wisconsin chiming in. 

IMO, most of the posters seem to know little to nothing about the man.  Too bad for the average citizen.

Based on the above I expect we will get exactly what we deserve come November.  I just want it to be over already.

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2012, 09:44:21 AM »

as far as i know, it was one deferment and it was because he was doing his mormon missionary service.  had nothing to do with who he was related to.  also, was not based on a lie, as was clintons.

since only about 1% of the population has served in the last decade, it's not to surprising to find that his sons have not....along with the sons and daughters of most of  the population...who like to complain at the cost, but don't consider helping shoulder the burden.

now...back to ryan.  we do know about him.  that's why we are thrilled at the choice.  the left knows about him also and that's why they were not!  anyone who was watching that health care crap got to know ryan and cantor....who would have been another excellent choice. 
what i can't wait for, is the debate between ryan and biden.  that should be entertaining.

will also be interested in the ones between romney and obama.  as it has turned out, obama can't put two words together without the teleprompter.  hopefully, the observers will be scanning the radio frequencies for the in-ear prompter he wore in the last debates, because we now have witnessed that he's not capable of that performance on his own!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2012, 11:34:16 PM »

Gee, have any beeks been paying attention to the stock market under President Obama?...

The Fed past a third round of money printing today. I think they call it QE3. They are going to dump 40 billion a month of printed money into the stock market and the wall street people are going to be happy....

So Blue, do you think that the $40,000,000,000 (40 Billion) dollars that Obama is dumping into the stock market every month has something to do with it?
Let me see now, $40,000,000,000 per month times 12 months (Carry the One) is almost HALF A TRILLION Dollars per year or 1.3 Billion dollars each day that Obama and the FED is dropping on Wall Street.  It is also equal to 55.5 million dollars every hour of every day, 24-7. 

The people who are going to be even happier however are the Greeks.  These QE3 bucks are going to finance the Greek and Spanish national debt.  Their deficit spending has resulted in intrest rates on Greek and Spanish debt in the 7% range.  What's not to like about loaning BlueBee's money to Greece? cheesy   

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2012, 12:32:52 AM »

1:  It’s not Obama dumping 40 billion a month in the stock market, it’s Mr Bernanke.  He’s the head of the Fed; an independent gov agency.  

2:  Mr Bernanke is not dumping 40 billion a month in the stock market, he is buying Bonds (not stocks) in the bond markets.

3.  The Fed is pumping money into the economy because the 1%ers are hoarding their $$$ and not investing in the economy.  SOMEBODY has to spend $$$ to keep the ship afloat.  If not the private sector, then government has to.  

4:  OK, I missed the connection between QE3 and buying Greek and Spanish bonds?  You’ll have to elaborate on that one huh

5:  Since our beeks seem to have PhD’s in finance, economics, politics, and investing, I’m sure y’all predicted all this BEFORE hand and made 38% return on your money since Obama took over?  Right?  Yeah, you can't hear me, but I'm on the ground laughing laugh  Since there is no end in sight to QE’s, I assume our beeks are NOW putting their money where their mouth is too?  grin

6.  If everybody else in the world is printing money, isn’t this really a zero sum game?    

7.  We’re not going to see much inflation here because much (if not most) of the cost of goods and services is labor.  Salaries for the 99%ers are not going up, so we won’t have much inflation.  As the CEOs take more and more money, it comes from the worker’s take home pay.  Workers will be making less and less which caps inflation.  

8.  “Obama inches ahead in key voter polls”:  Christian Science Monitor.  When will beeks start basing their opinions on facts?
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2012, 04:57:53 AM »

Thanks BlueBee, could not have put that better. 

Facts, or should we say truth, can be quite disruptive (if not darn right disappointing) to those choosing to live in a fantasy world, regardless of the fantasy chosen. 

All sides (choosing sides generally condemns or demonizes the other side) are affected. 

It is most unfortunate that this place has so many examples  Sad

t

bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:31 AM »

they have made the change from activist marching group, to practical working group.  marching in parks has limited effect in the long run.  supporting candidates, both with time and with fundraising, gets people elected.

Are we a "he who spends the most money, wins" nation? Romney and his super pacs are far outspending Obama and yet we are not really seeing it bettering his position. He appears to be loosing ground actually.

If he looses it will completely change the game in 2016. After the SCOTUS ruling in favor of "Corporate Individualism" we have seen unprecedented Corporate spending on this election. If that extra money can't buy an election it will be a good message to send to Corporate America.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:40:48 PM by bluegrass » Logged

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2012, 12:36:52 PM »

actually, he's buying mortgage backed securities.  you know, those things that everyone says caused the banks, markets, etc. to tank?  tank around the world?  besides, it really doesn't matter what he's buying.  he's buying it with printed money and further devaluing the dollar. 

sure the fed is independent.....in a pigs eye.  as much as i dislike ron paul, he's absolutely correct that the fed needs to be audited and reined in.  he'd get rid of it.  i'd sure investigate it!

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2012, 12:50:12 PM »

The Federal Reserve has already been audited. It was done in July of 2011 I believe. It showed that the FED magically created 16 trillion US dollars and gave it to major banks between 2007 and 2010.

Here is the report from Bernie Sanders office https://secure.vermont.gov/DPS/sor/search.php

Sugarbush Bees
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2012, 12:50:43 PM »

Does anyone know who (which banks) sits (controls) at the Fed?

Don't you think we should know?

What would Romney/Paul Ryan do w/ the Fed?

t

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2012, 02:09:18 PM »

The Federal Reserve has already been audited

they do internal audits.  that's not the same as doing a public audit. 

bernie sanders?  really??

http://beginnersinvest.about.com/od/federalbanks/Federal_Reserve_Banks.htm

regional fed reserve banks.

http://beginnersinvest.about.com/od/federalbanks/Federal_Reserve_Banks.htm
If he looses it will completely change the game in 2016. After the SCOTUS ruling in favor of "Corporate Individualism" we have seen unprecedented Corporate spending on this election.

you assume that this money goes to romney?  not so.  this president has engaged in corporate cronyism on an unprecedented scale.  there is a reason that so many wall street people donate to him.  there is a reason that company presidents like Costcos, sing his praises.

that said, why should corporations not participate?  what the government does with regulations and tax, has impact on business.  if the government is going to impact business, then business should be able to impact government.  get the two out of the same rack and you can make a case for not having business pump money into elections.

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »

Yes Sanders... I sourced his site because it was an easily available report from a ligit source.
The audit was preformed by the Government Accountability Office. It was not an Internal Audit. It was done based on Legislation attached by Ron Paul (R) and Jim Demitt (R) as an amendment to the "Dodd/Frank Bill. 

Sugarbush Bees
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2012, 04:15:10 PM »

you assume that this money goes to romney?  not so.  this president has engaged in corporate cronyism on an unprecedented scale.  there is a reason that so many wall street people donate to him.  there is a reason that company presidents like Costcos, sing his praises.

that said, why should corporations not participate?  what the government does with regulations and tax, has impact on business.  if the government is going to impact business, then business should be able to impact government.  get the two out of the same rack and you can make a case for not having business pump money into elections.

I am not assuming... It is easily searchable which PAC's are spending the most money and who they are favoring. The larger portion of money in this campaign is being spent by Pro-Romney groups.

Corporations have always participated... it is called a Lobby. Now they have spending freedom which extends much farther than the common citizen can spend. We have contribution limits... they don't... They can spend as much as they like...

Why do you think "bailouts" go to major banks and companies?  Because they fund politicians... Reverse the tables and you might actaully start to see real change in this country.

I say take all the money out of Elections... Cap them at the public funding limit. That is all they can spend... When they run out of money they better start going door to door like the old days. 

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2012, 04:30:25 PM »

I sourced his site because it was an easily available report from a ligit source

you know your link goes to the vermont sex offender registry?   evil

a GAO audit is not good enough. the GAO uses the numbers it is given.  that's why their estimates on various programs change so often.  we need an independent and public audit outside the govenrment and with the FR required to open it's books.

I say take all the money out of Elections... Cap them at the public funding limit.

there should not be a public funding limit. there should not be public funding.  why are taxpayers paying for election ads and crap??  let the money flow from whatever sources there are in the private sector...including business....if people or businesses don't want to donate, it's up to them.
a better solution to your complaints is to get government off the backs of, and out of the funding/rescuing of, business.  if that were done, there would be no need for either lobbyists or PACs. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2012, 10:21:36 AM »

Haha... That is funny... here is the real link: http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/news/?id=9e2a4ea8-6e73-4be2-a753-62060dcbb3c3

Public funding of elections is optional... You mark that box on your taxes (or somebody marks it for you) yes or no... When candidates opt out to lift the limits no public funds are spent... lately nobody uses the public funds.

I have to disagree with you on your point about lifting limits on Campaign contributions and allowing any person or business throw as much money as they want into what ever ring they want. This is a battle we have been fighting for years... Put limits on donor contributions and major companies start making a max donation in the name of every employee they have. Outlaw that practice and they realize they can buy up as many hrs as they want as a PAC and flood the media outlets with mostly blatant lies and half truths to attempt to sway the electorate in their favor. I have no issue with freedom of speech... but keep everybody accountable for what they say... Make the amount of money they are spending public... make them attach their business/personal name to  the Rhetoric they are pushing..

On the Fed Audit: Afterwards; then what? I think anybody who cares already knows that our entire monetary system is fictional. We run a National Debt when we have an agency which can ,and does, create and distribute as much money as it wants, when it wants. The Debt isn't real... It is maintained because "Interest Payments" is a phrase that goes over better with the public than "Foreign Aid". The only part of the economy the Fed fails to manage well is Consumer Confidence... And I am sure one day they will get that ironed out as well.   

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2012, 11:02:47 AM »

On the Fed Audit: Afterwards; then what? I think anybody who cares already knows that our entire monetary system is fictional. We run a National Debt when we have an agency which can ,and does, create and distribute as much money as it wants, when it wants. The Debt isn't real... It is maintained because "Interest Payments" is a phrase that goes over better with the public than "Foreign Aid". The only part of the economy the Fed fails to manage well is Consumer Confidence... And I am sure one day they will get that ironed out as well.   

the primary reason is that we have a right to know.  secondary is that i still have a small bit of faith that if the people are loud enough, they get the attention of those looking for a vote.

one step at a time...?

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2012, 12:21:26 PM »

Yeah, those Occupancy folks can get pretty loud  Wink

t

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next