Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 11:25:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VP Pick  (Read 25403 times)
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2012, 09:41:43 PM »

I guess the job issue will come down to who the voters think have the best chances of improving the issue. Here in CT our Unemployment rate is above 9%, but we are solidly blue. Historically Dems have done better on job creation. I really don't think jobs will hurt Obama much and probably not at all.

I think that it will be a wider gap than people think... Romney has some major issues he doesn't seem to be resolving and people don't like him on a personal level. He will be the first person to be Elected without carrying their home state... and he was Governor of that state so that is an issue. Like I said before' even Reagan pulled off wins in very Liberal California both times.

And then you have the Tea Party who have largely vowed to vote Johnson since being silenced at the RNC. He is on the ballot in every state now, so some will shift last minute based on principle. That is a pretty big segment of the Conservative vote and it only hurts Romney.

Sugarbush Bees
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2012, 11:26:11 PM »

I guess the job issue will come down to who the voters think have the best chances of improving the issue. Here in CT our Unemployment rate is above 9%, but we are solidly blue. Historically Dems have done better on job creation. I really don't think jobs will hurt Obama much and probably not at all.

The jobs issue is a biggie.  Today there are fewer Americans working than there were 31 years ago.  This was the last year of the Jimmy Carter economic depression in 1981.  Most of these jobs went away on Obama's watch, not during Bush's or Clinton's Presidential Administration.  Remember that in 1981 the population was almost 80,000,000 fewer than it is today.  So the number of jobs that has been lost on Obama's watch is even greater than what the raw numbers show. 

But this suits the New Democrat Party's leadership fine because the leadership is mostly composed of elites who managed to made it out of their parents' basement.  These elites don't now and never will make or create anything.  So in that respect Obama is correct when he says, "You didn't create that..." 

However the New Democrat Party leadership does have a need for an army of nannies, servants, serfs, and peasants in the form of organic farmers, toe nail painters, greengrocers, dog walkers, massage therapist, bicycle repairmen, and other menial laborers to define the non lives of the Democrat Party's current sordid leadership.  I am sorry but this Democrat Party isn't your mothers' or your fathers' Democrat Party, it resembles King George's III's Tory party more than FDR's New Deal party. 

Only an Obama Democrat can call 91,000 new hires in August, verses 119,000 lost jobs, not to mention 380,000 more people who gave up looking for work last month a victory for the working man.  But that is exactly the news that greeted Obama last week when he was renominated in Charlotte NC.  And if the past is any indication the 91,000 new hires in August will be "REFIGURED" downward by 50% like previous hiring figures were lowered when no one was looking.  Even Bill Clinton told the convention in Charlotte that things would be better if he was in charge, meaning Bill being the power behind the throne in a Hillary Presidency.  Obama and Joe Biden are to dumb to get it.  Or maybe Obama does get it and that is why he didn't want Hillary as his vice president, it is Obama's life insurance policy.   

Prediction:  If Obama gets it he will not reappoint Hillary Secretary of State, forcing her to live out the next 4 years in obscurity, a death sentence to a politician like Hillary, and an ego killer for her husband Bill.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2012, 12:03:26 AM »

Toenail painters?  I knew I should have applied for that job!  What’s the bennies with that one?

I’m going to agree with you Kingbee that the jobs numbers are dismal and Obama deserves some of the blame.  However we don’t have a monarchy here in America.  Obama is just a president, not a King.  He doesn’t wield enough power all by himself to run things.  We have separation of powers and as long as the American public votes for the “Just say no” guys, we’ll continue in grid lock and nothing will get solved.  It takes compromise to move forward.  Just saying “no” to everything accomplishes nothing. 

Since congress won’t do anything, we’ll just have to wait for the business cycle to turn before a real recovery can occur.  Ironically this is just the kind of solution the Republicans believe in.  So we’re getting what the Republicans want and guess what; it just isn’t working out very well!
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2012, 03:00:18 AM »

My daughter lost her job because of a clause in Obama's Affordable Health Care law that mandates computer generated records as well as diagnosis.  If you interviewed Mother Nature using one of these programs you would be forced by Obama Care to commit the old girl, after all she is bi polar.  She has a North as well as a South Poll.    

Efficiency in an hospital Emergency Room which is already fast paced is not something that can be mandated by a government employee standing around a water cooler a thousand miles away. Besides, when was the last time you clicked the wrong box on a drop down computer menu and the machine started printing out something you don't need, didn't want, or can't use or maybe you only lost the file and a whole days work?

The up side to all of this, if there is one is that now the health care industry in general and the government in particular can keep track of the drug seekers who habitually abuse the ER looking for a fix.  Your medical records will travel at the speed of light from doctor to doctor or from ER to ER.  The same thing for the people who seek multiple abortions. embarassed  With Obama care your sex life may not be displayed on a bill board, but it will certainly be possible for medical profesionals (or un-professionals as the case may be) to make educated guesses about their pactients sex lives, especially their female patients by knowing how many free condomes the government gives you each year.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2012, 09:08:42 AM »

We have separation of powers and as long as the American public votes for the “Just say no” guys, we’ll continue in grid lock and nothing will get solved.

since these "just say no" guys hold 1/2 of 1/3 of the government, and that for only the last less than two years, maybe you can explain just what they are doing to block progress?

what would obama be doing to get things rolling if he were not so obstructed.....take that as you wish   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2012, 10:21:49 AM »

The just say NO Republicans use the Filibusters to grid lock government and prevent anything from being solved.  You don’t solve problems by just saying no to everything.  It’s takes compromise to move forward.  They would rather throw the baby out with the bath water than compromise to solve problems.   

From Wikipedia:
“The Senate Republicans of the 111th Congress again broke the record for the number of filibusters in a session, passing 100 cloture votes in the first eleven months. “

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibuster_in_the_United_States_Senate

Kingbee, sorry to hear your daughter lost her job  Sad
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2012, 11:25:51 AM »

both sides use filibusters.  what was the outcome of the republican led filibusters and how was "progress" obstructed? 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2012, 12:02:30 PM »

Does Mr KathyP only do what he wants or does he sometimes compromise with KathyP when it comes to decision making? 

I’m just saying a couple, or groups of people, don’t have a good productive relationship if all parties are not willing to give and take.  Only 2 year olds get their way all the time.  Reagan was able to compromise and work with the Dems.  Didn't always turn out real great, but at least there wasn't constant gridlock where problems can never get solved due to all the animosity such obstructionism generates on both sides.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »

you still can't give examples of the effect of this "obstructionism"?  seems rather hard to believe that a party that only holds 1/2 of one branch can be doing much obstructing.  + there were 2 full years where your party had full control and a veto proof majority in the senate.  other than obama care, what did they do....exactly? 

you still have a majority in the senate and can't even turn out a budget.  kind of hard to even compromise with no plan.

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2012, 07:34:47 PM »

I believe the rules of the senate creating the modern day filibuster were put in by a Democrat named Robert Byrd, I guess it's different when they use the rules against the Dems. And what have the Democrats compromised on lately?
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »

And I do believe the Republicans were elected in this last voting cycle to stop the Democrats from what they were doing,not to appease them.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2012, 08:39:02 PM »

a good example of not compromising was the health care bill.  dems completely shut out republicans just because they could. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2012, 10:45:38 AM »

Kingbee, sorry to hear your daughter lost her job  Sad

That is nice of you Blue, thanks.  I doubt she will be out of work for long.  She applied today for a Obama Era Grant to get he Masters Degree in Toe Nail Art.  rolleyes  grin
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2012, 11:01:41 AM »

I believe the rules of the senate creating the modern day filibuster were put in by a Democrat named Robert Byrd, I guess it's different when they use the rules against the Dems. And what have the Democrats compromised on lately?
Compromise to a Dem means giving in to the Dems not meeting them half way.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »

The problem with the Republican's right now is that they lost their identity in the Bush Era. The issues that used to help get them elected don't work anymore.

Now they have put up a candidate who is likely left of the current President on many issues. If Romney had been the Democratic Nominee 4 years ago everybody would be hammering him on his Healthcare, gun and fiscal policy... Gun Manufacturers would be making a fortune as people bought up all the guns and ammo they could find. He did nothing for MA fiscally, It was #2 highest debt per ca pita State when he took office and it was #1 when he left. They would be killing him on the Record number of federal "earmarks" he got to fund the Olympics.

But because he has a "R" next to his name they are being real hush hush on those issues.

And when Obama wins a second term the minority will scoff about how voters are a bunch of "dumb Sheeple" And put up there "Hopey changy" bumper stickers. And pout for 4 more years.

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »

i don't think there is anything hush, hush, about romneys past positions.  we are aware of them.  some of them make conservatives like me, kind of nervous....however....at this point, getting a far left liberal out of office and replacing him with a moderate conservative, is a no brainer.  i wish Romney were more conservative, but i had wished when Reagan was running that he had a more conservative history. 

it is the nature of the game that none of us get exactly what we want.  we do the best we can with what is offered and then try to keep them on the straight and narrow.  doesn't always work....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2012, 01:59:21 PM »

it is the nature of the game that none of us get exactly what we want.  we do the best we can with what is offered and then try to keep them on the straight and narrow.  doesn't always work....

You are over looking exactly what you want in exchange for a possible win.
http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/issues

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2012, 02:53:07 PM »

the person i am going to vote for has to have a chance of winning.  otherwise, i have voted for obama.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »

... You are over looking [at] exactly what you want in exchange for a possible win... [Gary Johnson]

In early 2010 Nevada's Democrat Senator Harry Reid was trailing badly in the polls.  He was likely down by 25 points or more.  When asked if he was concerned with his chances to pull victory out of the gaping jaws of defeat Reid laughling answered, "No the Tea Party guarantees my reelection."  The Tea Party got behind Sharron Angle and nominated her to run against Senator Harry Reid, the rest is history. So it is with former Governor Gary Johnson.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »

Obamas largest voting block are those that are getting something for nothing and ,I hate to say it,vote for him because he is black.
I am not opposed to a black president. I would have voted for Herman Cain if he was the candidate.
  I think it's a shame JC Watts is not heard from very much.
But these men do not fit the mold many liberals  think blacks should fit into. These are people that want equal opportunity,not equal outcomes.
Alan Keyes was another demonized by the liberal media at the time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next