Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 06:56:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VP Pick  (Read 24703 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 09:16:24 PM »

Right you are Boom Buzz.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »

... And where are Obamas transcripts from college? ...

I guess his college transcripts are in the same place Adlai Stevenson's was found, in the college president's office safe.  BTW, Stevenson flunked out. This Obama records thing is hardly a new way for leftist college presidents to dissemble and lie to the nation about (meaning for) their little left wing darlings..
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 10:34:53 PM »

it's not his transcripts i'm interested in.  it's the scholarship info.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 10:36:12 PM »

I think that the VP pick can only have a negative impact on a race like Palin did... In the past the VP pick hasn't ever helped a candidate. The VP doesn't have any Constitutional roll except to preside over senate proceedings and cast a tie breaking vote if it ever came to that.

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 11:09:46 PM »

I think that the VP pick can only have a negative impact on a race like Palin did.

except that she didn't.  there was no excitement over McCain until Palin.  he was never going to win, but he had a better chance with her than without.

you are correct that there is no big job for the VP other than what you noted.  however, he can be either an asset or drag depending on the person and how the president uses him.  if the president takes him as an adviser and partner, he can be an asset.  if he is articulate and can reach people with the positions of the president, he is definitely an asset.

in this case, ryan is an asset.  he can formulate a plan, but even better, he can speak to the people and explain the plan.  as a plain speaker, he is probably better than romney and will be heard better by the people.   

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BabcockFarms
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 11:47:31 PM »

Kathy,

You hit the nail on the head!

Ron

Ron Babcock

"I believe the good that men do, will live long after they gone."
                                                                                                                          ~Mr. Fox Haas

<
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 06:42:32 AM »

there was no excitement over McCain until Palin.  He was never going to win
Huh huh  If he never had a chance to WIN then why did the all knowing Republicans nominate him huh

As for the college transcripts, could somebody please provide me a link to George W Bush’s college transcripts, or Dan Quayle’s, or Sarah Palin’s?  
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 07:01:33 AM »

I think that the VP pick can only have a negative impact on a race like Palin did... In the past the VP pick hasn't ever helped a candidate. The VP doesn't have any Constitutional roll except to preside over senate proceedings and cast a tie breaking vote if it ever came to that.

The VP also assume the role of President if the President is incapacitated in any way. Which is why Speaker of the House is also important as that would be the third in lineup if something happened to both President and Vice President.
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 09:27:36 AM »

I disagree. I think McCain would have won without Palin. She was a major liability and even McCains top advisers have said so. 

I know enough about Romney and his politics to say that he, under no circumstance, will allow the VP candidate take center stage. He put him on the ticket because he was one of the few names floating around who hasn't been seen in the media in the past bashing Romney.
He is a safe pick. I think it was actually a match planned back in March when Romney and Ryan were meeting frequently and Ryan endorsed Romney right before the Primary. I think it may have been pre-arranged agreement.

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 09:37:53 AM »

If he never had a chance to WIN then why did the all knowing Republicans nominate him

it was a question i often asked myself. 

I know enough about Romney and his politics to say that he, under no circumstance, will allow the VP candidate take center stage. He put him on the ticket because he was one of the few names floating around who hasn't been seen in the media in the past bashing Romney.
He is a safe pick. I think it was actually a match planned back in March when Romney and Ryan were meeting frequently and Ryan endorsed Romney right before the Primary. I think it may have been pre-arranged agreement.

i'd guess you don't know much about ryan, or you'd probably see  him as a good match to romney the business man.  of all the people he could have picked, this one is, to my mind, the best.  and certainly no safe! 

i may be wrong on this, but i think that romney will put ryan center stage quite a bit.  if he does not, it will be his loss.

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 09:52:28 AM »

I think Ryan is a Bear on the Budget Committee. I think taking him out of there and making him VP is like pulling the Bears teeth. You still have a Bear, just not one that can do much.

He did recently say that "they" will repeal "obamacare" and Replace it. which is a shift from what Romney has been preaching up til this point. I wonder what they will do Scratch out Obama and insert Romney?

The Mass Universal Healthcare act is going to really haunt Romney during this election... his prior stances on gun control will also haunt him.

I don't think he would be a bad President; I just don't think he has much chance of winning. His policies as Gov were very liberal in nature, and now he is singing a different song and voter's hate that. 

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 10:09:39 AM »

which is a shift from what Romney has been preaching up til this point.

that's exactly what romney has been saying from day one.  repeal and replace.  everyone agrees that changes need to be made. 

The Mass Universal Healthcare act is going to really haunt Romney during this election... his prior stances on gun control will also haunt him.

the state health care issue is not such a big thing because states can do this kind of stuff.  sometimes it works.  sometimes it doesn't.  these kinds of things should be tried in the states not at the federal level.

i have a problem with some of his gun control stands, but when you look at what was wanted in the state, what he did was a compromise more in favor of the 2nd.  was that the best he could have done in that state?  i don't know.

I think Ryan is a Bear on the Budget Committee.

true, but how many people even know that ryan came out with two budgets.  how many times do you hear the left say "what is
your
plan?"  if ryan can get out there and let people know what's going on and that there IS a plan to fix it, he might help swing the senate also.  without that, no plan goes anywhere.....just as no budget gets done.....

I don't think he would be a bad President; I just don't think he has much chance of winning. His policies as Gov were very liberal in nature,

liberal for me, but not for his state.  this is true with lots of govs that i like.  Christy is far more liberal than i, but he's getting things done in NJ.  if he were as conservative as i, he would not have been elected in that state! Wink

-i think we did get at least the grades of bush and kerry.  that's how we found out that bush had a marginally better GPA than kerry  grin  as i said, i don't care about his grades.  it would be interesting to know what classes he took, but more important, i want to know about the scholarship.

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 10:32:53 AM »

Actually he has been saying that on day one he will "repeal" obamacare which as President he does not have the power to do. Only Congress can do that. His web site states that he wants to give the power back to the State's which is really doing nothing as far as replacing it.
From his site:
In place of Obamacare, Mitt will pursue policies that give each state the power to craft a health care reform plan that is best for its own citizens.
Which is the power that every State had prior to the Healthcare Reform Act and most did nothing about; except Massachusetts under Mitt Romney and Vermont under Howard Dean. Hence the need for the Federal government to take action in the first place.

I do agree with you that without the power of Congress it doesn't make any difference who wins this one.

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 11:46:40 AM »

states that he wants to give the power back to the State's which is really doing nothing as far as replacing it.

when he talks about replacing, i sure do hope he's not talking about another federal program!!  replace it with the reforms we need like tort reform, insurance requirement reforms.  get us back toward a market based system and let the states do what works best for each state. 
replacing one federal mess with another is not what i want.

Alexis de Tocqueville
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 12:03:40 PM »

I think that the VP pick can only have a negative impact on a race like Palin did.

except that she didn't.  there was no excitement over McCain until Palin.  he was never going to win, but he had a better chance with her than without.
Exactly. Most don't remember that following the selection of Palin as VP, McCain moved ahead of Obama in the polls, and remained ahead until the financial meltdown in mid-September. Once that happened, it basically became toxic to be Republican  - since the meltdown was entirely Bush's fault - and "Change" became an attractive alternative.
Boom Buzz
House Bee

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »

I think Sarah Palin was a polarizing choice for VP.  Yes, she energized the right and the values voters.  But she was also energized the left and the media.  Personally I like her values but I am not sure she would have made a good President if McCain were to expire.  Seems like most people either love her or hate her.

But the Sarah Palin choice really brought home how easy it is for the media to manipulate the public.  The attached link to a youtube clip on How Obama got elected shows how the media shaped a lot of voters knowledge (or lack there of) about the candidates.  This sampling of voters knew the dirt on Palin, but could not answer some basic questions on the other candidates and political figures.  Some of you may have seen this before.

How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters

I think Ryan will be an asset for the Romney campaign due to his fiscal, budgetary and economics acumen.  And I think he has the potential be a solid Presidential candidate in his own right in 8 years.  But the media left is already working to paint him as evil and we've seen how effective they can be at manipulating the public.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 02:11:39 PM »

i have encouraged my conservative friends to get informed and engage in the debate.  i was on a conservative site right after the announcement and the liberals were all over it.  it was a womans site and the liberal posters were female.  no accident.

if we want to win, we need to go after every attack with the facts.  it's not that hard.  it takes some time, but i figure i can sleep after the election!

Alexis de Tocqueville
bluegrass
House Bee

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »

when he talks about replacing, i sure do hope he's not talking about another federal program!!  replace it with the reforms we need like tort reform, insurance requirement reforms.  get us back toward a market based system and let the states do what works best for each state. 
replacing one federal mess with another is not what i want.

Going back isn't Replacement. Romney and Ryan need to get on the same page or they will have big problems. 

Sugarbush Bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 05:02:54 PM »

Going back isn't Replacement. Romney and Ryan need to get on the same page or they will have big problems.

it's not about the page.  it's about the book.  it's a big one and i don't think you quite have the plot yet.   Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »

... As for the college transcripts, could somebody please provide me a link to George W Bush’s college transcripts, or Dan Quayle’s, or Sarah Palin’s?

Bush's transcripts are available at the New Yorker Magazine’s web sight.  Have your American Express Card in your hot widdle hands when you log on.  Better get yourself a good mouth piece lawyer as well, its a crime to posses another’s college transcripts without that person okay dokying the release.  More on this later.   Hillary Clinton's college transcripts are as missing in action as the Swing era band leader Glenn Miller, the old gal won't even disclose the titles of her term papers.  If you ask me something is rotten in the State of Denmark or Illinois, or Massachusetts, or Arkansas, or New York, or Columbia DC the District of, or what ever other state the First Carpet Bagget In Chief decides she is from next week. This is especially true since Franklin D. Roosevelt did not mind releasing his transcripts and they were all "Gentlemen C minuscees" in other words just good enough to get him out the door but only if his professors and the dean overlooked FDR’s grades but not his families’ large drug money fortune.

On the other end of things Richard Millhouse Nixon is far and away the all time brain of all 43 presidents.  Jim Carter and Herb Hoover are close behind Nixon in the brains and grades department.  But these three boys were the most political smarts & personality challenged of all the Presidents in the 20th Century.  I can just see Nixon shaking his 5:00 shadow at the camera and saying, "Thank God for that kid from Hawaii with the queer sounding name, his administration makes mine look like a Boy Scout Jamboree."  So I guess every cloud (or is it every clod) does have a silver lining.

During the 2004 presidential campaign, Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry was assumed by many to be Bush's intellectual superior. But months after he lost to Bush, his college transcripts were inadvertently sent to the Boston Globe and he was revealed to be a C student as well, earning four Ds his freshman year. (Stung by allegations that his Vietnam War service was not what he had claimed, Kerry had given permission for his Navy records to be turned over to the newspaper. The college records were part of those documents.) Can a mediocre student hope to achieve the highest office?

The answer is self-evident.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/28/news/la-pn-college-transcripts-replace-birth-certificate-for-obama-detractors-20120526

Does presidential candidate grades matter "To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done," President Bush told Yale graduates in 2001. "And to the C students, I say you too can be president of the United States."

That is the difference between a Democrat politician and a Republican man of the people.  The Republican is just much much more honest and forth coming besides having a better sense of humor.  Now what was it you wanted to know Bee?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:03:25 PM by kingbee » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next