Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 07:03:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VP Pick  (Read 26478 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« on: August 13, 2012, 12:21:04 PM »

So what do our beeks think about Mitt Romney’s VP selection? 

Is he’s going to be as good as Sarah Palin?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »

i'm happy. i have watched him for awhile and he has what it takes to go up against this admin on budget issues.  in fact, he already has.  i remember when he faced off against obama and i thought the prez might stroke out he was so angry.  grin  it was a pleasure to watch!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »

I like him and respect himhe doesn't flip flop on issues.

I like the DNC reaction especially the commercial of Ryan throwing granny off the cliff. ole hussein seems to be pulling out all the chicago style politics on this one. Its not nice to see the office of President of the US brought to such low levels Sad but i would expect nothing less from that bunch

Keith
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:41:35 PM »

There were several others that probably are more charismatic or would bring more "star" power to the ticket.

I think this selection only goes to show that real issues, and real solution, some of which we may not like, but needed for the future of this countries success moving forward, will be offered.

We do not need a slick Willy, or some guy selling a cliche slogan. We need folks to work on real issues. We need a change in the white house. And I like Ryan's willingness to take on issues other politicians run from in fear, of getting less votes.

I would like the ticket better if Ryan was Pres, and Romney was V.P.  grin

Compared to Obama, and the side kick idiot he has, this is a huge step forward.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 05:12:19 PM »

They are already calling him an extremist. The debt is an extreme problem that needs extreme solutions. The oppositions only solution is to tax the rich. Even if they took all the riches money,it would not even pay the amount of this years budget deficit,let alone tackle any of the debt.
Vote for the status quo if you think taxing the rich and not trimming spending will get you any where. the government has taken enough of the peoples money. they have a spending problem,not a revenue problem.
 I can guarantee if we go along with all the tax increases this bunch want that the only thing that will result is an increase in spending.
 I like Ryan but don't think they will go far enough. They need to balance the budget for 2013 Period,no more deficits. Then keep cutting until they can start paying down the debt that is increasing exponentially.A balanced budget slows the rate of debt growth,without paying some of it off,it grows without even borrowing more money.
Spending money you do not have is bad,period.Spending the next generations potential is worse. Doing it to grandchildren before they are even born is just shameless.
 But hey,it will be a start.If you can get people investing in the economy without fear of government takeovers,the revenue stream will start into the treasury again.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 05:13:54 PM »

I can't wait for a face off between Ryan and Biden. Bumbling Joe will make himself look bad on the economic issues, and Ryan can only fuel the fire.
Ryan will be sure to keep the focus on the economy.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 05:18:04 PM »

Dang! I was over looked again...maybe 2016.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 05:24:22 PM »

Scott,
I think it's the Hippie hairstyle,LOL!! Smiley
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »

From 10,000 miles away the obvious solution is a new political party, the East-West American Citizens. Kathyp for president and Buzzbee as the vp. I would not be fussy, the other way round would be just as good.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 08:29:05 PM »

Geoff if they think Ryan is extreme, what do you suppose they'd say about me?  grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
David McLeod
Field Bee

Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 09:31:36 PM »

My opinion of Romney went up several notches. I guess he is really serious about what he thinks needs to be done rather than running just to be president. He could have taken a much easier route with a so many of the others or gone for the star power with Rubio (I still like Rubio and think he's going places) but by picking Ryan he has got a numbers cruncher that is willing to get his hands dirty. I should have known a solid businessman was going to get the best numbers guy he can but I would have thought a politician would have played it safe and brought him onboard in a cabinet post. Nope he's got guts and it is probably the only thing that will get the Romney/Ryan ticket elected. Ultraconservatives like myself were going to vote antiObama anyway but if Romney takes the fight straight to the failure at 1600 then I think many of us will vote for Romney instead of just antiObama.

Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 10:05:25 PM »

i wasn't concerned about what romney wanted to do.  i figured he'd approach this as a business recovery challenge.  i was concerned that he didn't have the nuts or the ability to break things down so that every day people could understand and could understand the coming hard times. 

you are right.  he could have made a safer pick.  he could have picked, as so many do, someone who would not be a challenge to him.  i think ryan will challenge him intellectually.

a good leader doesn't need to know everything, but they need to find and trust the people who do know things.  it's only a poor leader who surrounds himself with sycophants and/or weak people.

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 12:35:57 AM »

From 10,000 miles away the obvious solution is a new political party, the East-West American Citizens. Kathyp for president and Buzzbee as the vp. I would not be fussy, the other way round would be just as good.
Whew....for a minute there I thought you were going to suggest KathyP and iddee for the ticket  grin
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 08:22:30 AM »

That wouldn't work. One of us would have to be vice pres, and neither of us have vices.   evil   grin grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 11:32:50 AM »

The funny thing is, we now know more about Ryan's personal life then we do our president of 31/2 years. And the VP announcement was just Saturday.
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »

The funny thing is, we now know more about Ryan's personal life then we do our president of 31/2 years. And the VP announcement was just Saturday.

That is so true it is scarry.
Jim
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 01:54:02 PM »

that is true and yet one more reason why people believe the MSM to be left leaning or as some believe fallen off the left wing cliff. Fox is continually labeled for how right wing wacko they are. When in reality the problem is the MSM is so far left that Fox news is seen as extreme right even though they generally play down the middle. It is really a shame, and the media knows, Americans are lazy and will believe whatever they see on TV. So be it Ryan throwing granny off the cliff or Reid saying Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years Americans will hear and take it for fact. The current administration knows lying is fair game in these new elections. Facts no longer matter we watched for the last 3.5 years as this administration lied to the people now we are surprised they will lie to get reelected.
What was it obama called his administration Clear and transparent? Yeah freaking right.  Its a shame but I see Romney losing this election if he runs a clean race. He needs to hire the investigators to "retrieve" obama's college transcripts. He needs to dig up the dirt that will cast this clown in a negative light to the 52% of takers in this country.

sorry for the ramble

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 05:17:26 PM »

you have earned the right to ramble  Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 05:29:49 PM »

Yeah it's funny ,it took so long to see anything proving citizenship(which is required) and demanding to see a tax return of a private citizen Which Romney is until confirmed at the convention. If Reid has seen anything from the IRS on Romney at this point,I think a felony has been committed.
Still some doubts of the validity of the natural born citizen . And where are Obamas transcripts from college? The media will never ask for anything from the left.
Boom Buzz
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 07:52:59 PM »

Blue Bee to weigh in on the original question, I think Ryan was a strong positive choice for Romney and should play well for right of center conservatives.  I see Romney as a middle of the road conservative at best, so Ryan should energize the true conservative set.  I think one of Romney's strengths is his business experience and executive leadership ability as shown at both Bain and with the SLC Olympics.  Ryan brings a solid budget mindedness and acumen to the table.  The country needs this kind of leadership right now.  Not saying either one is perfect, but I think they have a better chance of getting America back to work, and reigning in deficit spending, than the current guy.  Honestly, it seems like the current administration and liberal leadership want to dismantle the USA and the constitution as we know it.  If the economy can get humming again I think a lot of the class warfare division the liberals have created will subside.  But we need a business friendly political and policy environment to get the economy humming.  Companies are sitting on cash and not investing because the political/business environment holds too much uncertainty.   I think Romney/Ryan has the better chance to restore a pro business environment in which companies can know what to expect, know what their costs are going to be, and thrive without getting hassled for being successful. 
So I think Ryan was a positive choice all in all.  My 2 cents...

John
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next