Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 20, 2014, 10:42:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Job lost to Oversea's  (Read 1728 times)
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« on: September 29, 2005, 12:58:07 PM »

Well just found out today that my job is going to Porta-Rico, when will it all end??? I work for a pharmacutical company and Porta-Rico is FDA regulated like the states, companies only have to pay 8% tax for a finish drug there and they have to pay 40% tax here in the states ( sound fair HA!!!!) THATS WHY "ALL" DRUG COMPANIES have 3-8 plants there ( I have been there and seen it). when will the Rich get enough and the govermnent do something to help us poor people( medium to lower wage)? Like the old saying "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer", the way its going now is that there will be no middle class only the RICH and the Poor. So looks like I will be laying Tile and doing carpentry work for a living, I'll make out good because I have to many skills to be knocked down, but some were I work don't have the skill's to make what they were making, seems like when the goverment officials find out WITHOUT any job's in the states, thier salaries will drop when only the rich can pay TAXES and the poor live off the goverment. I'm not saying the poor are lazy but with all the chemical and pharma plant closings everywhere and some only worked in chemical and pharma plants all thier lives, it will be hard to find a job making the money they are use to, well fingures getting tired and I have yall to tell my thoughts too, i'm going to bed , got to work tonight until it closes in a few month's , just a few thought's I thought I would share with my beekeeping buddies. Heck I might start migratory beekeeping lol if I had more than 6 hives     Smiley         Wink     you reckon I could get a $1000.00 dollars a month for then for pollination each?    :p     it was just a thought     Smiley

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
Jay
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 03:38:03 PM »

I have heard that there are doctors out there in the artificial insemination field who are working on gene manipulation for, not only screening for genetic disorders (which is the legitimate reason for mucking around in the gene pool), but also for eye color, height, and intelligence! So ten years from now when all of this is actually possible, rich couples will be able to choose their baby's sex, height, eye color, and i.q..Thereby driving an even larger wedge between the classes! shocked

By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson
manowar422
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 10:13:12 PM »

Sorry to hear about your job Ted, but glad you have something to
fall back on. It's a shame about your co-workers though.

Don't let the MAN keep you down...
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 11:43:08 PM »

I'll liven things up a bit..... But first.... I'm not rich. Never was, never will be.

But really. If you had your own company, would you want the government to tell you what you could or couldn't do with it? You want Uncle Sam to go tell these people not to move their companies over seas, and to tell them to pay the people more.

Do you realize what got us here in the first place???

People always wanting to make more money to pay for the cost of any/every thing because the prices keep going up. Then the prices go up to compensate what it cost the businesses when they gave everybody a raise.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 06:11:49 PM »

Quote from: Jerrymac
People always wanting to make more money to pay for the cost of any/every thing because the prices keep going up. Then the prices go up to compensate what it cost the businesses when they gave everybody a raise.

see jerry thats where your wrong atlest know the pharmacutical industry!! celebrex in Puerto Rico cost 1/10 of the what you will pay here,  when celebrex was launch we was the little site that made it for the first 2 years until they got the plant built in Puerto Rico running, the price you and all of us pay was never changed from my plant making it being taxed at 40% and theres being taxed at 8%,  the prices you will pay is higher now than then and its all being made down there. Im not whinning about losing my job ( worked construction until I got this job) but if people really knew what was going on it would suprise them and open some eye's

thats bussiness jerry and I understand that, companies own the goverment,  Puerto Rico is a USA territory, there people can join the our  military but they govern thier selves, big companies make allot of profit there because low taxes and it' s products (mainly drugs) can be sold in the USA because there FDA regulated, not many finish drugs are made in the states but the price of medication is the highest in the states reason being is because all the R&D is done in the USA, they spend millionns on R&D and then charge all of us to make up the differance and then its made else where, but because of the big money made there , they have talked about making Puerto Rico a state in the past but with the money being made there it will never happen because companies connected to our goverment officials. Puerto Rico is a tax loop hole for major Drug industries. taxation is in the rich man pocket or Porta-Rico would be a state and taxed like us since they are FDA REGULATED, our goverment is the corporation's not the people, this goverment will never tell companies what to do as long as the companies make them donation.

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 08:31:25 PM »

Also sorry here Ted - I'm afraid to see where my job will be going to (Navy Lakehurst is becoming part of the Air-Force) and the Air-Force PREFERS to CONTRACT OUT all jobs rather then have employees. In my case it is the Federal Employees possibly losing jobs to contractors who MAY NOW fall outside the Davis-Bacon Act and do my job for a fraction of what I do it for.

I know that term is being tossed around at the Katrina and Rita hit part of the country, the Feds are worrying that the buck will indeed STOP THERE and allowing contractors with sub-Federal payscale "There" opens the door for it to happen anywhere "IF" it will help pay a few trillion dollars of deficit since Bush charmed us with his Presidency.

So whoopy, Lakehurst will live on, but 3000 employees may find their way to the unemployment line.

Again Ted, sorry - just blowing off steam myself, I see a lot of hard times down the road (besides) it's not like I make a middle class income, I could only wish!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next