Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 10:02:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greedy Americans!  (Read 924 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: August 09, 2012, 07:41:15 AM »

I see that the U.S is in first place with medals at the Olympics.

This is another example of American GREED and SHOWMANSHIP!

What about Uganda. What about Peru! What about those countries that have been stifled by American greed and the raping of their resources by U.S. corporations, which no doubt led to these countries inability to be equal as every other country out there.

I say....DEMAND that the U.S. stop winning medals. And give away as many medals as needed so every country would have as many as us. This would appease our detractors and make other countries love us. Terrorist activity would decrease. And other starving "world citizens" would be fed.

This "Olympic" stuff is a waste anyways. Imagine if we just did away with them. All that money going to support athletes, and the slimy sports industry with their hands in the cookie jar, should have to give away all that money in the effort to feed the world masses.

Arrogance! That is what this Olympic thing is all about. How dare we plaster the medal count on front pages of papers across the nation, while athletes raise their fingers for "#1" while thinking we are any better than anyone else. We should follow the lead of 6 year old sports in this country and never keep score, never allow a team to declare victory, should demand we all be labeled winners, and outright abolish any reference to a team coming in anything but first place. I say "GOLD" for everyone!

Disclaimer...every so often I like to role play and get a feel for how the other side might think. I gave it my annual 5 minutes of stupidity. Now back to the real world.

Have a good day.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:56:53 AM »

and this, in spite of some major rule changes to make things "fair".  evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 11:19:20 AM »

So much for the kinder, gentler, BjornBee  angel
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 11:28:14 AM »

So much for the kinder, gentler, BjornBee  angel
Does that mean you agree?
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »

WINK, WINK.   shocked  rolleyes

Why stop with the Olympics?  Why not extend this to beekeeping?  Then the beeks who refuse to feed, treat or medicate under any and all circumstances can share in the honey harvest of the beeks who will do the things that are required to keep and manage strong colonies able to make and store a surplus.

I am not saying to treat the heck out of your bees but to do the things necessary and proper to keep your bees in a healthy condition.  A dead bee colony does not pass on ANY genes or DNA that may help future bee colonies.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:41:12 PM »

Remember, it was just a few years ago when the Soviet Union and East Germany machines ruled the metal counts.   I fill like China is working on their machine now.
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 12:07:02 AM »

What I don't understand is in some of the games the players are pro's, not amatuers, like Basket ball,tennis and probably others.

Joe
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 11:45:20 AM »

... I don't understand ...some of the players are pro's, not amatuers, like Basket ball,tennis and probably others....

All or most of the "players" are pro's as most of us understand the word "Professional." Most of the athletes not on the basketball or tennis court are the modern day equivalent of gladiators in ancient Rome.  These modern day gladiators are slaves to their sport and are kept up or supported during training by wealthy patrons in either the form of commercial sponsors or politician funded training camps, but that doesn't change the fact that they are slaves and gladiators just the same. 
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »

Amateur athletes still have a college career that they do not want to jeopardize.  After that, they can earn some money and become a professional. 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 01:19:12 PM »

A point well spoken and a point duely noted.  However there is but a small earning potential in becoming a professional discus thrower or a professional 10 meter air rifle shooter.  This is especially true in the age of TV with its need for action, drama, and suspense to keep an audience glued to the sofa. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next