Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 01, 2014, 07:06:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liability Insurance for cut-outs  (Read 615 times)
2Sox
House Bee

« on: August 08, 2012, 01:01:58 PM »

Since the beginning of this season, whenever the sun came out my phone didn't stop ringing to collect swarms and do cut-outs. I did about twelve cut outs this season and people advise me to get liability insurance since this is turning into more than a passing thing.  Can anyone advise me on what I might need in this area?  Thanks.

"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism
JPBEEGETTER
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:13:47 PM »

Do you have any kind of contract? Most people here have an absolution contract , disclaimer if you will absolving them of damages occurring during cut-outs. Have the customer sign .  Tell customer going in what is to occur who will put house back together, etc. I really like doing traps a lot better, takes longer but noninvasive..
2Sox
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:38:39 PM »

I always go in with a contract - which does absolve me of responsibility for damages but not for injury to a second or third party.  A contract is part of my business. 

"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism
JPBEEGETTER
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »

If you have a "business" you should have liability. like pest control co.s do ...business liability is different from personal liability. Worked for Jefferson-Pilot for 15 yrs.
D Coates
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 04:53:15 PM »

I always go in with a contract - which does absolve me of responsibility for damages but not for injury to a second or third party.  A contract is part of my business. 

Would you be willing to share your contract?  I do a few cut outs a year and a little CYA can go a long way.

Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...
2Sox
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 05:06:56 PM »

JP,
Could you give me more details on this?

JPBEEGETTER
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »

2, check with your insurance  agent on workers comp will be your best bet , probab.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next