Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 03:50:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Lawn Mowers  (Read 1651 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« on: July 31, 2012, 09:15:47 PM »

Anybody use electric lawn mowers on their yard?  Do they work?  Are they a good choice for a small lot?  I’m wondering if they might be a good machine for mowing a small lot in town?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:05:54 PM »

we have one and it is very good.  it's at the other house but i'll try to remember to take a look at the brand tomorrow.  for a small place, it's perfect.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:50:19 AM »

We use to have 1, it worked fine and we had a good size yard.  Yard has grown now we have a 48 in rider, 21 in push and a weed eater.  Took close to 4 1/2 hours today. 

Joe
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:35:43 AM »

4 1/2 hours to mow!  Joe it sounds like you need a bigger tractor!  Taking too much time away from the bees  Wink

When y’all say you have/had electric mowers, I assume you’re talking about the cordless ones? 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »

mine is not cordless.  i am not a fan of big things that are battery operated.  i have a B&D weed whacker that is great...but i only get about 20 min. per battery and they take forever to recharge.  it's fine for small areas, but i fire up the gas ww for anything big.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »

I would be afraid of running over the cord. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 12:10:56 AM »

you should practice with the vacuum.  you will learn not to run over the cord and score points with your SO.   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 01:35:34 AM »

Now that is funny!  I wonder if there are any regulations on that?  

Probably have to be plugged into a GFCI outlet  grin

If I get one of the things, it's going to be cordless.  If Chevy can make a car run well off a battery, somebody should be able to make a lawn mower that does a descent job.....
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 10:13:55 AM »

just don't bump anything.  the mower might blow up!!

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 02:11:59 PM »

All outdoor outlets (that's not for gutter warmers)  and garage outlets are GFCI outlets. 
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »

I'm aware of that Allen, but many old houses don't even have an outdoor plug to begin with.  And yes I know by NEC code you are REQUIRED to have outdoor plugs near each door.  Those old timers didn't obey the rules very well Smiley  Plumbers didn't do much better than the electricians  grin
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »

just don't bump anything.  the mower might blow up!!

OK, that was funny too  Smiley 

The Volts didn't blow up though; they only caught on fire  grin
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 06:15:11 PM »

Don't worry, win loose or draw, you'll only run over each cord one time.   grin
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »

That is why I now use a cordless skill saw.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 09:52:23 PM »

... That is why I now use a cordless skill saw.

That reminds me, ask some time about my search for a skill saw proof framing square. embarassed embarassed tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next