I added 20 ft of lamp cord and 2 large alligator clips to mine. I can get my truck that close to all my colonies so dont have to carry a battery.
This is my system
1) I place a dollar store timer on top of each of 4 colonies set at 10 minutes.
2) I set a dollar store timer on my truck battery set at 2 minutes
3) I set a pc of carpet foam 2" X 16" long by each entrance
4) I duct tape all upper entrances
5) I fill the burner, slide it in and stuff the hole with foam
6) I put the clamps on my battery and start the 2 minute timer
7) When it beeps I unhook the battery, go to the colony and start the 10 minute timer on top of that hive. (the hive needs to stay sealed for 10 minutes) I pull the burner and stuff the foam back in the entrance
I then move to hive #2 and do the same over again
I am usually on colony 5 or 6 when the 1st 10 minute time beeps. I pull the foam and tape and they are done