Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 03, 2014, 04:25:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does it matter who says MMGW is happening?  (Read 5856 times)
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2012, 07:12:48 AM »

Thank you.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2012, 06:27:13 PM »

... Whale oil was used primarily for illumination before the kerosene lamp was invented.

So are you saying John D Rockefeller Sr. is the man responsible for saving the whales?

What ever happened to gas lighting Blue? 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_lighting

A good argument can be made for "The City of Lights" Paris, France getting its nickname because Paris was the first city to have public street gas lighting, almost 40 years before the first oil well was drilled in Pennsylvania in I believe 1859.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2012, 10:28:52 PM »

So are you saying John D Rockefeller Sr. is the man responsible for saving the whales?
You made me laugh on that one Kingbee.  I never thought of it that way, but now that you point it out, there is some truth in that assertion! 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2012, 02:46:20 PM »

The math is finished and the ciphering is done.  A professor from Cornell University, Robert H. Frank, has calculated that Obama’s and Al Gore’s carbon tax will cost every man, woman, and child living in the United States $9,270 PER YEAR.  That works out to $18,540 for a family of two.  Maybe more if you used a lead (carbon) pencil to figure how your going to come up with your share of the swag.  The total bill is 2.8 Trillion Dollars…. per year!  Yep, like the President said under his plan $9,270 additional dollars from each of us “… would necessarily cause electric rates to skyrocket.” 

Furthermore for a family of four it amounts to $37,080 in carbon taxes.   In other words a family of four with two average workers earning $45,000 each would pay a carbon dioxide tax equal to over 40% of their combined gross yearly incomes. This is JUSY for the Green House Gas taxes owed by you on .000035%  or 35/1,000,000 or 35 one millionth of the total air floating around in the atmosphere.  All the other taxes, levies, and fees to run the government are additional.

This however will answer one burning question all of us have asked at one time or the other.  Yes, your money under the current regime is disappearing into thin air, at least into chasing thin, colorless, odorless, invisible, organic carbon dioxide.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2012, 08:13:12 PM »

... I could have sworn I seen this breakdown printed on a pump in the past, but I could be mistaken... In the spirit of listing calories in all our foods, this is information that should be printed in bold on all gas pumps.  Downside is, the labels would probably cost the tax payers $100 a pop...

Thank you BlueBee.  You gave me and everyone else a real peak into the inter workings [?] of the Democrat mind [??] without even trying. 

Why must the Government be the only one to tell us the truth about how much tax is included in a gallon of gas?  What's wrong with BP or one of those other evil Capitalist oppressors of the masses posting the truth on the gas pumps?  Are some of us afraid that the truth about the various government levies will leak out, causing us to bite the hand that feeds the welfare state?  And yes, I also saw the tax information displayed on gas pumps in the past, but not since about 1998 or since about the time Wee Willie Clinton got it on in the Oral Office.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2012, 09:39:29 PM »

The Huntsville Times, AUGUST the 2nd 2012
“HUNTSVILLE, Al. - Here's how hot it was in Huntsville in July: There were only three days when the high temperature was below 90 degrees.  It was 86 on the 13th, 87 on the 17th and 89 on the 18th.

On July 24 and 25, it was 100 degrees. It was 99 on Saturday, when the heat index was 105 or higher, said Andy Kula, senior forecaster for the local office of the National Weather Service.  And that's how July ended in Huntsville.  With an average daily temperature of 83.7 degrees, it tied for the second-hottest July on record, along with 1966.

The hottest July was in 1930, when the average was 83.9 degrees.  This year, the average daily temperature since June 1 has been 82.9 degrees. The only time it was hotter for June and July was in 1952, when the average daily temperature was 83, Kula said.

August isn't looking much cooler.  "I don't see much change over the next week to 10 days,'' Kula said. "I would think we'd hit 100 some time next week…''

The complete article is below.
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2010/08/its_the_second-hottest_july_in.html

Remember what Andy Kula said on August 2nd.  Then 10 days to the day later, look at what the weather was!!!

September 2nd 2012
“ Normally August in Alabama is known for its oppressively hot days.
This August, the only temperature record set in Huntsville was a low. On Aug. 12, the mercury dropped to 57 degrees, tying the previous low for that day, set in 2004, said meteorologist Andy Kula of the National Weather Service office in Huntsville.
While the average high in August was 87.9 degrees, well below the normal average high of 90.4, the average daily temperature was 78 degrees - 36th coolest on record, Kula said….”

Read the whole article below
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/09/august_cooler_than_usual_after.html

People, are you seriously considering paying over $12,000 per year just to heat and cool your home under the President's plan to battle so called global warming by making your utility rates “… to necessarily skyrocket?”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next