Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 07:58:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for used bee keeping equiptment.  (Read 682 times)
garlicfarmer
New Bee

« on: July 28, 2012, 10:30:16 PM »

My name is Tom Vanden Bosch.  I am looking for used bee equiptment.  All kinds.  Let me know what you have and how much you want.  Thanks Tom
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 10:38:57 PM »

Might be helpful if folks know where you were located at! huh

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 11:15:16 PM »

that would help and also try craigs list.  i have gotten some good deals that way.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 12:08:01 AM »

Also join a local bee club, some members will help a newbee.  Used equipment you need to know if their bees are healthy, giving you equip from a hive that has something will not help.  There is a commerical beek in our club gave me 150 freshly extracted frames about 100 deep and 50 mediums.  At the time I didn't know what I do now, I stripped the all to the bare frame and put them in foundationless.

Joe
tryintolearn
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 08:53:12 AM »

newbee here too...talked to a vet with 300 plus hives and he offered to sell me some drawn comb frames..(shallow) which i was looking for med...and he said ill sell ya drawn comb frames 20.00 apiece...ouch....and if i was a vet id be looking to keep the newbee interested and excited
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 04:27:21 PM »

Drawn comb has it's value.    That's why we extract and are not cutting it out of the frames, mostly.   Word of mouth is the best way to find good used equipment.   
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 06:28:06 PM »

Maybe trade garlic for bees  Smiley
garlicfarmer
New Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »

This would work.  I am located in Hesperia Michigan.  I need some of every kind of equiptment.  Thanks Tom
uglyfrozenfish
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 09:58:50 AM »

Tom,
I would second the. Raigslist recommendation. Alastair year I found an add for someone offloading all their equipment.  I ended up with a truckload of equipment. My advice is to be diligent and watch on Craigslist because bee equipment goes fast. Second buy a torch and scorch any used equipment you buy to lessen the chances of unwanted critters.
Lee

P.s.  my wife loves garlic. If you are a garlic farmer I might be willing to trade equipment for garlic. PM me if your interested.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next