I knew they had both lost their law license, but I didn't know why
until I read this.
This is 100% legit. I check it out at https://www.iardc.org/
Illinois Attorney Registration And Disciplinary Committee. It's the
official arm of lawyer discipline in Illinois; and they are very strict
and mean as hell. (Talk about irony.) Even I, at the advanced age of
almost 65, maintain (at the cost of approximately $600/year) my law
license that I worked so hard and long to earn.
Former Constitutional Law Lecturer and U.S. President Makes Up
Constitutional Quotes During State Of The Union (SOTU) Address.
1. President Barack Obama, former editor of the Harvard Law Review, is
no longer a "lawyer". He surrendered his license back in 2008 in order
to escape charges he lied on his bar application. A "Voluntary
Surrender" is not something where you decide "Gee, a license is not
really something I need anymore, is it?" and forget to renew your
license. No, a "Voluntary Surrender" is something you do when you've
been accused of something, and you 'voluntarily surrender" your license
five seconds before the state suspends you.
2 Michelle Obama "voluntarily surrendered" her law license in 1993
after a Federal Judge gave her the choice between surrendering her
license or standing trial for Insurance fraud!
3. So, we have the first black President and First Lady - who don't
actually have licenses to practice law. Facts.
4. A senior lecturer is one thing, a fully ranked law professor is
another. Barack Obama was NOT a Constitutional Law Professor at the
University of Chicago.
5. The University of Chicago released a statement in March 2008 saying
Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) "served as a professor" in the law
school-but that is a title Obama, who taught courses there part-time,
never held, a spokesman for the school confirmed in 2008.
6. "He did not hold the title of Professor of Law," said Marsha
Ferziger Nagorsky, an Assistant Dean for Communications and Lecturer in
Law at the University of Chicago School of Law.
7. The former Constitutional Senior Lecturer (Obama) cited the U.S.
Constitution the other night during his State of the Union Address.
Unfortunately, the quote he cited was from the Declaration of
Independence ... not the Constitution.
8. The B-Cast posted the video: http://www.breitbart.tv/did-obama-confuse-the-constitution-with-the-declarat
9. Free Republic: In the State of the Union Address, President Obama
said: "We find unity in our incredible diversity, drawing on the
promise enshrined in our Constitution: the notion that we are all
10. Um, wrong citing, wrong founding document there Champ, I mean Mr.
President. By the way, the promises are not a notion, our founders
named them unalienable rights. The document is our Declaration of
Independence and it reads:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable
Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
11. And this is the same guy who lectured the Supreme Court moments
later in the same speech?
When you are a phony it's hard to keep facts straight.
Keep this moving -- educate others.