Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 18, 2014, 04:11:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: still unbearably hot here  (Read 489 times)
Sour Kraut
House Bee

« on: July 24, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »

98F
37C
Humidity36%
Wind SpeedE 9 mph
Barometer29.92 in
Dewpoint67F (19C)
Visibility10.00 mi
Heat Index102F (39C)
Last Update on 24 Jul 3:15 pm CDT

Current conditions at
Jacksonville (IL) Municipal Airport (KIJX)
Lat: 39.78 Lon: -90.23 Elev: 623ft.

LateAfternoon
Slight Chc
Thunderstorms
High: 104 F

Tonight
Slight Chc
Thunderstorms
Low: 77 F

Wednesday
Hot
High: 105 F
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 05:38:15 PM »

Maybe you need to be a little farther south, I'm about 80 miles north of Biloxi Ms.  We have had rain most days for last couple weeks, less chances this week.  By this weekend it is supposted get up to about 97.  Maybe yaull get some rain and cooler weather.

Joe
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 11:26:27 PM »

It has been ridiculously hot in Michigan too.  I dont put up with the Michigan winters to suffer this kind of heat Sad  Might have to consider the UP if this pattern becomes permanent.  We were only in the low 80s today, but with pure sunshine, it still felt like hot dogs on a grill out there.  Give me some 70s, PLEASE.
duck
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 11:28:01 PM »

95+ and showers every day!

jtow
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 11:35:20 PM »

104 deg. here today, humidity in the 25% range, low about 80, still 90 deg. at 10:00 PM. Been the norm for past two weeks, can't wait for 90's again!
Beeboy01
House Bee

Oh Look A Honey Bee !!!

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 01:11:58 PM »

Still really hot down here in Florida also. I was working the hives last Friday afternoon pulling honey supers and only lasted 2 hours in the moon suit. Heat index was around 103 and tossing around full deeps was a real workout. Didn't pull all the honey supers, only grabbed two deeps and four shallows before the heat got to me. Extracted about 17 gallons that evening and drank some mead while starting some mead with capping washings and extra honey from the extraction. Gotta love it!!
  Need to pull the empty supers this weekend. To keep robbing down I put the wet supers back on the hives for the ladies to clean up. Need to get them off before the SHB's move in.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »

i was tempted to light the stove off the last couple of days.  at least it will get warmer today!!  move here.  you can freeze your wet and snowy backside off for most of the year.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called the government. They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next