Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 27, 2014, 01:48:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlas Shrugged  (Read 3926 times)
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 04:18:03 AM »

huh

I thought that keeping sentences as short as possible was the way people preferred it around here.  kathyp; I think I've just been accused of imitating the majority, no?  Of course, YOU never ramble or accuse anyone of anything….right?  And always explain things so 'everyone' understands…….?

I think a mirror could be helpful…... grin 

I;d much rather explain myself with several thousand words rather than a few, but that 'seems to go no where' with this crowd as well.

Actually there are many followers of Ms Rand who follow her words to the point of kookiness.  I've dealt with them my entire life.

"You can lead someone to knowledge, but you can't make them think"

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 10:29:22 AM »

And always explain things so 'everyone' understands

i do try and i do try to always answer questions.  if i fail, it's not for lack of effort.

I;d much rather explain myself with several thousand words rather than a few,

it's a good way for people to stop reading what you have posted OR for you to say a lot with no meaning.

Actually there are many followers of Ms Rand who follow her words to the point of kookiness. 

probably true for a lot of public figures and writers.  hardly her fault.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next