Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 02, 2014, 05:59:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: any of you use NO spacer when using the bulk APIGUARD treatment  (Read 822 times)
adamant
House Bee

« on: July 18, 2012, 10:33:07 PM »

i am using the apiguard bulk bucket with the thin application sheets. can i not use the 3/4'' spacer?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:20:19 AM »

probably, but the apiguard evaporates and goes down into the hive.  a little more air space and it will be more efficient.  you can make your own.  i made a few for my hives and i'm no woodworker! Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
tryintolearn
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 09:15:36 AM »

i used the place pack apiguard...just put it on the top of the frames....did i do this right?  my sluggish hive took off not too long after i had the treatment in the deep.   havent noticed near as many dead bees in front of the hive since then...left the treatment in for 2 weeks then removed it.   seems it worked for me
adamant
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 01:17:55 PM »

i used the place pack apiguard...just put it on the top of the frames....did i do this right?  my sluggish hive took off not too long after i had the treatment in the deep.   havent noticed near as many dead bees in front of the hive since then...left the treatment in for 2 weeks then removed it.   seems it worked for me

What do u think the dead bees are from?
johng
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 03:24:34 PM »

You need to do another two week treatment. Apigaurd is supposed to be two treatments two weeks each.
tryintolearn
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 09:31:14 AM »

many thanks johng
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next