Follow up to trap out.
On June 21st I placed a small piece of newspaper about the size of a dime on the end of the cone. I figured if there was bees still inside the wall, as they came out the would knock the paper out or even chew through it. I went back 2 days later and had a few dead bees (5) inside the cone. I think they were carried out from inside.
I pulled the paper out to let any more bees continue to come out. This was my way of letting the homeowner see that there were still bees inside the brick wall. He is getting a little impatient, even though I told him 6-8 weeks at least.
I checked the bait hive, no queen at all and no brood.( she was too puny to start with) I brought it home and replaced it with a queen right nuc, so when I can pull the cone, my bait hive has brood to keep the bees there and just rob out the brick wall.
Once I got home I added a frame of open brood to the old bait hive so they can try again to raise a good queen. I kept the nurse bees that was on the frame of brood to help them along.
This picture was taken on May 19th. The day we installed the trap out cone.