Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 11:51:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Obama removes having to find work from Welfare rules  (Read 4145 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »

Is mid Michigan benefiting from bailouts somehow?
Bush bailed out the banks and of course that didn’t help anybody but the bankers.  The underwater rich bankers were bailed out but the average Joe or Jane got no relief on their underwater homes.  Instead the now solvent bankers ramped up the foreclosure processes.  The foreclosure process takes at least 6 months in Michigan and typically a year or more.  A house sitting vacant for that long in this climate often sustains enough damage to drop a 130K house down to 20K.  There are plenty of foreclosures around here priced under 30K, some even under 10K.  So who wins when a family is kicked out of a underwater 130K home and the bankers only end up getting 20K in the end? 

It is amazing to me how our Republican friends have no problem justifying bailouts for the bankers but abhor the idea of helping our fellow citizen in any form or fashion.  And what do the bankers do with all their new found wealth?  They go back to their gambling ways playing the derivative games.  How many mortgages could have been adjusted with that $6 billion JP Morgan blew on derivatives?  The bankers don’t worry about it though, they know they’ll always get bailed out if times get tough. 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 01:33:56 PM »

... if you ever work in a battered womens shelter you'll hear ...how the woman couldn't leave....her husband didn't let her drive, have any money [of her own] to spend, or gain ...work skills.  all this ...in the name of love.  "you don't need to drive,  i'll shop".  "you don't need money, i'll give you what you need".  "you don't need to work, i'll provide for you"... fear keeps he[r] with him because he has provided for so long she knows she will fail on her own...

kathyp, how dare you have the audacity to doubt the veracity of our fearless leader, the Barrack Ness Monster, by insinuating that he is acting like an abusive husband.  Why any Missaha worth his TelePrompTer knows that Barrack only acts like an abusive husbands because Obama KNOWS what is in every Americans' best interest.  If you doubt my word for it just ask the Barrack Ness Monster or his wife Michelle, they'll agree with me.  We little people just can't be trusted to make our own way in this big old nasty world. 

Now I hope everyone can grasp the real world dynamics behind the "SO CALLED" welfare state and the people (like the Barrack Ness Monster) who like missahas everywhere are chomping at the bit to crawl into the drivers seat... er, better make that saddle you up and control all your actions, in your(?) own best intrest.

P.S. kathyp, you neglected to mention rape, AKA involuntary sexual intercourse, as one of the side effects of an Obama presidency..
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 02:55:16 PM »

... I hate to say it but a healthy dose of chlorine in the gene pool may be what it takes. I hope not but something's got to give...

I could not agree with you more.  About 15 years ago I was at a local music festival.  I was manning a booth for a county commission candidate seeking his first election win.  A woman from the opposition's camp came over to our booth and tried to start an argument over abortion (during a county commission election of all times).  She was all for abortion.  She would not leave after I asked her to but seemed intent on monopolizing our area and disrupting our free speech rights by haranging everyone who came by and starting an argument if not a physcal confrontation.  After ordering all of my people to ignore her, stay out of her way and sternly warning them to shut their mouths, I confronted her one on one.  Right from the get-go I agreed with her 100% percent and told her that in my opinion abortions were way to rare.  I said that we needed more abortions not fewer.  She looked like I had hit her with a 2 by 4.  I then told her that my reason for saying this was because most abortions are performed on people with her political mind set and if that continues before long Darwin's principles would triumph and no more people who believed in abortion would be birthed.  Yea, I know it is a stretch of Darwin's principle but it got her to either shut her mouth or else go home and feed the squirrels to her cats.
David McLeod
Field Bee

Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 03:13:26 PM »

It's a morbid consolation to realize the the left and it's dependancies like to kill themselves. Do I dare say what I'm thinking?

Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 05:08:36 PM »

Hmm,let me see....
No homeowners got bailouts? How about the ones that got automatic reductions in what they had to pay the bank back? What about those that borrowed all the equity out of their homes,spent it on other things and now cry foul when the market drops? They really did not suffer any more than a paper loss unless they are trying to sell.
I guess making the banks accept less even though the borrower was irresponsible is a good thing.As long as it wasn't the greedy banks.
The time is coming where people will  not have to be responsible for bad choices. Every one thinks taxing the "rich" only affects the rich.
If I run a business and the government takes more of my money,you can bet  your behind the cost is passing to the consumer. that really helps the consumers.

Does it really seem terrible to ask people accepting welfare to actively look for work? I think it is criminal for  them not to actively seek work.
And how about the new class,those too stressed to look for work and now getting disability out of the bankrupted SSI portion of Social Security.  
This guy is the poster child for class warfare and the next generations,yes thats plural,of welfare families.

And I look at this as a conservative,not a republican. Mitt Romney is no conservative,but he has earned his way through life,not a lifetime of public programs supporting him.
Has Obama ever had a real job making anything but money from one public sector or another? Has he ever hired anyone and created a real job out of his own pocket?
Has he ever denounced the terrorists who helped launch his political career,aka Bill Ayers. He strived to bring about a communist revolution in this country.
Of course,main stream media portrays him as a professor of education(not what I want my kid learning) and a distinguished memebr of the Chicago community. I guess that fits right in with Chicago politics.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/09/obamas_foul_weather_friends.html
If you wonder why the secondary education system is screwed up in this country,read the article.
Heres a quote from Ayeres,friend of Obama
In 2001, Ayers told the New York Times, "I don't regret setting bombs.  I feel we didn't do enough."

So look at Obama comes from and what he is doing by executive order and skirting Constitutional mandates.If this is the America you want,I can not help but feel sorry for the next generations.

For those that contribute to Wunderground,think about what it is you support.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:33:42 PM by buzzbee » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »

Bush bailed out the banks and of course that didn’t help anybody but the bankers.  The underwater rich bankers were bailed out but the average Joe or Jane got no relief on their underwater homes.  Instead the now solvent bankers ramped up the foreclosure processes.  The foreclosure process takes at least 6 months in Michigan and typically a year or more.  A house sitting vacant for that long in this climate often sustains enough damage to drop a 130K house down to 20K.  There are plenty of foreclosures around here priced under 30K, some even under 10K.  So who wins when a family is kicked out of a underwater 130K home and the bankers only end up getting 20K in the end? 

yes, money was loaned to the banks and paid back with interest. 

contrast that with money loaned to homeowners and not paid back in full or at all. 

who wins when a family not paying what they owe is allowed to stay for free or at a reduced cost?  certainly not the rest of us who are paying for those government programs as we pay for our own mortgages. 

fact is, if the government would get out of this and let the homes go into foreclosure, the inventory could be cleared.  this is the only way to recover the housing market.  the longer the government fiddles with this, the longer it takes to foreclose, clear, and solve.
It is amazing to me how our Republican friends have no problem justifying bailouts for the bankers but abhor the idea of helping our fellow citizen in any form or fashion.  And what do the bankers do with all their new found wealth?  They go back to their gambling ways playing the derivative games.  How many mortgages could have been adjusted with that $6 billion JP Morgan blew on derivatives?  The bankers don’t worry about it though, they know they’ll always get bailed out if times get tough. 

i was not in favor of the TARP plan, but again...a loan.  you are correct that i don't feel the need to bail out homeowners.  some are where they are though no fault of thier own, but that happens.  many are where they are because of congress meddling in the banking/loan business.  if you want to blame someone, look to congress...specifically, the democrat congresses under carter and clinton. 

let me ask you....if JP morgan did blow billions, who is hurt?  not you, not me, and apparently not JP morgan who is still posting profit. 

on the part about bailing out or loaning to ANY business, i agree.  it's called creating a moral hazard.  removing risk removes caution.  banking is a business.  they must have the risk to have the caution.  this, again, is part of the reason the housing market went as it did.  congress demanded that the banks loan to people who were poor risk...something no sane bank/business would do, and then promised them no risk by way of fannie and freddy. 

BTW...only part of that TARP money was spent by Bush.  if you recall, the incoming Obama admin asked for more of  that money to be released before he took office so that it would immediately be available to him.  a rather large chunk of that money was spent on a true bailout of GM with a large part not returned and the stocks owned by the government worth far less than was spent. it was also spent on mortgage programs that are a failure.   that's money we'll never get back. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 06:37:47 PM »

Another feather in the Cap of our great leader. It was a law written in the democrat Senate,unfortunately it got passed by the house,another chilling trend:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/01/02/president-obama-signed-the-national-defense-authorization-act-now-what/
I can see that these people won't call a terrorist a terrorist, but political dissenters will be the "terrorist of the day". Our one hope is that our military will abide by their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution,unlike the elected bunch.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 10:26:32 PM »

... don't know where you paid 2.99 for ground beef.  must have been the high fat stuff.  i just paid almost 4 for the good stuff.

That 3 dollar ground beef is the good stuff kathyp.  Low fat ground beef (imho) is nothing more than an amalgamation of defunct dairy cows with an occasional politically incorrect dairy bull thrown in.  A Charley Chan cutlet would be twice as tasty and not half as chewy.  I've had low fat ground beef before that you could blow bubbles with if you could stand to chew it long enough.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 11:09:40 PM »

I’m with Kingbee on this one, I don’t like pink slime in my burgers and I certainly wouldn’t pay $4 a pound for it!

From Wikipedia: ‘Pink Slime is a processed beef product used as a food additive that may be added to ground beef as an inexpensive filler or to reduce the overall fat content of the product’

Pink slime is one reason we need regulations  grin
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 11:19:30 PM »

BuzzBee, the NDAA act is what funds the military.  Are you saying Obama shouldn’t fund the troops? 

I know that was not your intent, and I agree with your concerns, but if Obama didn’t sign the bill, all we would hear on Fox News and the rest is how Obama doesn’t support the troops and similar nonsense.  Let’s not forget who one of the biggest promoters of the ‘hold without trial’ section was:  Mr McCain. 

The President doesn’t have a line item veto to scratch out the crap he gets from Congress so either he signs it, or the military doesn’t have money for the troops.  What is the responsible thing to do?  If it’s unconstitutional the courts will strike it down.  That's called checks and balances.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2012, 11:36:54 PM »

let me ask you....if JP morgan did blow billions, who is hurt?  not you, not me, and apparently not JP morgan who is still posting profit.
LOL…this is the same logic that created the financial collapse of 2008 in the first place.  When banks over leverage and make dumb gambles they run out of liquidity and have to go begging to the Republicans for a bailout.  Why do you think they needed a trillion dollars in bailout money?  Because of this same type of careless dumb gambling on derivatives.

So apart from the obvious destruction of the economy, who else is hurt?  I would say, you, me, and the rest of America because we have to pay higher “fees” for their banking services to make up for their gambling addiction.  JP morgan may still post of profit, but that money will be extra money pulled out of the consumers pockets that could otherwise be stimulating the economy.    

So if bailing out the bankers worked and helping some SMALL fraction of homeowners hasn’t worked, then why is the housing market still so far underwater?  What good did our trillion dollar bailout really do?  

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 12:15:43 AM »

we have had this conversation a bunch of times.  you have been given endless info to start your research.  you choose not to do it, or to intentionally hang on to the misinformation you have swallowed.  none of us can help someone who refuses to learn....which is the default definition of a liberal anyway......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »

You asked the question and I answered. 

Usually you complain when I don’t answer  huh

As for the OP question, I don’t know.  I haven’t heard that Obama was changing Welfare so that nobody has to work anymore.  Can somebody throw up a link to this new policy?  If true, that would be disappointing.  Let's see the facts first before jumping to conclusions though.   
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 03:23:46 AM »

... Obama was changing Welfare so that nobody has to work anymore.  Can somebody throw up a link to this new policy?  If true, that would be disappointing...

Be care of what you wish, you may recieve it.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/15/Obama-admin-gutting-welfare-reform-journaling

If his $100,000,000 and growing Cap and Trade empire ever founders Al Gore will be glad to hear that President Obama has legitimized the activity that led to Al and Tipper Gores’ divorce.  I am speaking of getting a massage. 

The Obama Administration now counts a massage as the equivalent of looking for work when drawing unemployment and other welfare benefits.  Mind you now, not the host or hostess giving the massage but the recipient.  In Al Gore’s case this is good news and better news because now Al has TWO avenues of work-fare open to him.  One path is psychological because Big Al’s massage therapist has already called Al Gore “A crazy sex poodle,” and the other avenue open to Mr. Gore is a disability check because Al Gore has fleas. 

In all fairness to Al Gore, the President of Vice, if I paid $650 for a massage I would expect to be rubbed any which way I darned pleased (or that pleased me.)  However as happened in Al’s case, if the masseuse was 56 years old, I would only want a massage.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 06:26:19 AM »

You have a lot of faith in the liberal side of the court striking down unconstitutional law. John McCain supported holding enemy combatants. He did not advocate detaining American citizens. Big difference.
I find it amazing this administration strongly opposes questioning and deporting illegal aliens that have committed crimes and wanting to give Constitutional protections to non citizens,but then sign a law that removes the Constitutional protections of an American citizen.
The Constitution is spelled out on how to make changes to it.
Just writing a law is not a legitimate way of changing the powers of the Federal government which the Constitution is to limit. The Amendment process is how the Constitution is changed,not regulation and Presidential decree.
This bill was written in the Senate. Spending bills are written in the House.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »

You asked the question and I answered.

i don't know which question you are talking about, but my frustration is with my observation that you do not ever do any research.  you spout stuff. we point out the flaw in your argument.  you come back with the same stuff over and over.  now...i don't expect you to change your political positions, but a little research on your arguments would be immensely helpful to you and to the conversation.

Can somebody throw up a link to this new policy?

great example of above.  you could have found this for yourself in a second. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 11:01:52 AM »

Blue, depending on the store and the brand milk here is from 3.50 to 5.00 a gal.

Joe
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »

... depending on the store and the brand milk here is from 3.50 to 5.00 a gal. ...

The same here Joe D, but remember Blue is in the middle of the second or third best area for milk production in the whole United States, so he receives a break on "local" milk prices.  However I bet Blue can't beat our local prices on corn pone, catfish, and mud bugs.  grin  YUM YUM
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »

Joe D, ever shop at Krogers in Laurel?  $2.99 a gallon.  Thank me later.

Kingbee, we don’t know exactly where you live.  Chattanooga?  Local Krogers there also has Milk for $2.99 a gallon.

Even in the epicenter of alleged hyper inflation (PA) the average retail price per gallon of Milk in June 2012 was $3.50.  That’s LESS than even PA was paying 5 year ago.

So who is checking the facts and who isn’t?  
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2012, 06:23:31 PM »

The Budget has welfare spending dropping from 495 billion to 380 Billion by 2016.  Is it safe to assume y’all applaud that?  Meanwhile interest payments on our debt goes up to 562 billion by 2016.  Pensions go up to 1 TRILLION by 2016.  So why the obsession with welfare when the REAL big dollars are going elsewhere?  What about them?   

The link Kingbee provided refers to the TEMPORARY Assistance for Needy Families act.  What are we missing here?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_Assistance_for_Needy_Families
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next