Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 21, 2014, 12:25:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: so did the SCOTUS just elect a new president?  (Read 914 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: June 28, 2012, 02:43:03 PM »

Unbelievably the Supreme Court ruled I have to purchase health insurance. I guess I skipped over the part where Jefferson wrote that.

I am listening to the outrage from the majority now that it has been revealed as the largest tax increase ever, even though obama swears he has yet to raise taxes. Also saw where the bill includes the hiring of 16,000 IRS agents I wonder what they are for?

Do yall believe this will get the conservative vote more behind Romney? I do

I believe the SCOTUS just put the nails in the coffin of obama’s presidency. They exposed it for what it is an enormous tax hike.

Thoughts??

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 03:30:18 PM »

i understand how they came to the decision.  they had the choice to go either way, but the SCOTUS will usually fall in favor of congress.  since this was presented to the lower courts and to them as a tax, that's the way the took it.  congress has the power to tax.

i think two things are going to happen  1.  and obama already made some noise in this direction today.... much of the TBD in the bill will now be rushed out so that they can have more of the law in place.  and 2. this will push some of the moderate undecided (muddy middle folks) toward Romney. 

look for any provision that they think will be even mildly appealing to the masses, to now be enacted.  some of this stuff was not to start until 2014.

we still don't know what we have because so much of it was pushed off and still not written. 

get busy folks and lets flip the senate and strengthen the house!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 05:54:08 PM »

I'll tell, you what it means Keith. If you don't buy Health Insurance the IRS will be able to hound you,lock up your assets and deny your refund .
  The department of health and human services are going to be in cahoots with the IRS. It won't be long until high cholesterol tests will result in higher tax rates,or denial of your overpayment refund.
  But now that it is to be treated as a tax,which house of Congress wrote the bill. By law, all tax bills"revenue bills' are to be written by the house.
If it was originated  in the Senate,perhaps we have another quandry!
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 06:23:18 AM »

Do yall believe this will get the conservative vote more behind Romney? I do
Romney had a good quote yesterday saying that just because SCOTUS found it Constitutional doesn't mean it was found to be a good law.

Romney and the GOP need to continually refer to Obamacare as the huge tax increase that it is. They also need to come up with a reasonable alternative. Romney saying he wants to overturn Obamacare is fine, but he needs to explain his answer to soaring healthcare costs.
Oblio13
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 08:45:56 AM »

ObamaCare is an empty promise to increase social services in a system that's already trillions of dollars in debt. It doesn't provide any new doctors or hospitals. It has no incentives for economic common sense or healthy lifestyles. It's nothing but a tax increase with more IRS agents to collect it.
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »

I'll tell, you what it means Keith. If you don't buy Health Insurance the IRS will be able to hound you,lock up your assets and deny your refund .
  The department of health and human services are going to be in cahoots with the IRS. It won't be long until high cholesterol tests will result in higher tax rates,or denial of your overpayment refund.
  But now that it is to be treated as a tax,which house of Congress wrote the bill. By law, all tax bills"revenue bills' are to be written by the house.
If it was originated  in the Senate,perhaps we have another quandry!
It originated in the House sent to the Senate and basically rewritten then sent back to the House and passed. But it originated as a bugget bill and can be treated as such in the Republican House where bugget bills can be delt with. At least that is my understanding of the thing. We just need to get a Republican Senate.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:52:04 PM by sterling » Logged
Nature Coast Beek
House Bee

Suck it up, buttercup!

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 03:59:27 PM »

Regressive taxation that hits the poorest citizenry the worst, now that's change... rolleyes

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next