Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 12:54:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iddee's place in the Sun.  (Read 1165 times)
kingbee
Queen Bee

« on: June 22, 2012, 03:41:53 PM »

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/daily/27401?climoMonth=6
Record daily high & record daily low temps at Greensboro, N. C. a city close to iddee’s Ponderosa.

Ten (10) or 33.3% of the record daily HIGH temps and  20 (66.6%) of the record daily LOW temps for the month of June in Greensboro, North Carolina occurred between 1940 and 2012, a time span of 72 years. 

Twenty (66.6%) of the all time June daily HIGHS in Greensboro occurred between 1894 and 1940 a time span of only 56 years, including 5 days in a row in 1914 when the Greensboro daily record high temperatures sky rocketed to 100 degrees or higher.  Altogether  9 (30%) of the record daily highs in Greensboro, North Carolina were set in June 1914.  They occurred on the 11Th, 12Th,  & the 13Th,  the 16Th, and on the 22NT, 23rd, 24Th, 25Th, & on the 26Th of June 1914.  The temperatures respectively were: 98, 104, 103, 96, 100, 102, 103, 101, & 102 degrees Fahrenheit.  This is a 101 degree daily average high for these 9 days in 1914. 

Now just to show you that we humans don't really know whether the weather will be sunny, cloudy, wet, or dry, on JULY 31, 1914 the third COLDEST JULY daily temperature was recorded in Greensboro, N. C.   That day the mercury fell for a daily record low and almost a record monthly low OF 53 degrees.  This was only 39 days after setting the ALL TIME record high of 104 degrees on JUNE 12, 1914.  But that's not the whole story.   Only 4 days before posting the third coldest day in July, the ALL TIME record setting high of 104 recorded on June 12, 1914, was tied on JULY 27, 1914, that's only FOUR DAYS before the mercury plunged to 53 degrees.

Now I am really confused, and you should be too.  Is this evidence of Global Warming or is it evidence of Global Cooling?  Therefore I looked at the data once more.  Then it hit me like Al Gore's hockey stick.  There IS a warming trend at work in Greensboro.  Between the 1st and the 20Th of June there was a definite upward trend in the daily record highs, the daily record lows, as well as the daily mean temperatures.  Between the 1st  and the 20Th   of June these 3 temperatures rose from 5 to 6 degrees Fahrenheit.  While some may view this warming trend as evidence of  anthropogenic climate change, catastrophic sea level rise, or even the Polar bears going under for the third time, I maintain that this warming is nothing more than the result of the onset of Summer that always occurs in the Northern Hemisphere on or about June the 20Th. 
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »

I've been in favor of global warming ever since the last ice age and again after the last mini ice age.  I'll take global warming over an ice age any day...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »

How did Otsie get under the glacier and why is the majority of Leif Ericksons sheep pasture still under a glacier.  The Younger Dryas from eight to four thousand years ago were much warmer and drier than now.   It comes and goes and is much bigger than we are.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 12:19:05 PM »

Seeing where you gentlemen live, I suspect that both of you have a more personal intrest in Global Warming than I.  Right now I wouldn't mind a little more Ice Age and a little less Sunshine. 

Maybe the Ice Man ended up in that Austrian glacier the same way that Glacier Girl became entombed beneath 300 feet of NEW "Greenland" ice in less than 60 years.
http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/glaciergirlmh_1.htm

Evidently both Glacier Girl and the Ice Man "Don't get around much anymore!"  Sorry Duke Ellington.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 11:11:15 AM »

""I've been in favor of global warming ever since the last ice age and again after the last mini ice age.""

WOW! And I thought I was getting old. I wasn't even here for the first one, and too young to remember the second.  rolleyes   grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Sundog
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »

I've been in favor of global warming ever since the last ice age and again after the last mini ice age.  I'll take global warming over an ice age any day...
I will too!  As long as the warming occurs naturally and not as a product of mankind’s nearsightedness.

Have fun!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next