About 2 weeks ago I was contacted by local National Guard training center to remove a swarm from a heavy loader that got attached to its arm. Upon giving them my info and estimate they submitted request for funds and week later they contacted me again stating that the funds have been finally approved and I can do the removal. Well, during this time the swarm lost its queen and when I got there, there were maybe 200 bees left which I removed.
Now I am trying to save these bees so I decided to combine them with a strong colony. I am using a newspaper method but the colony on the bottom is gluing the paper with propolis and the tiny swarm on the top is huddled on one side of the box with very few bees exploring. There is a small hole in the middle of the paper which was there for the past 4 days but nothing else is going on.