Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 09:21:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sprayed Swarm Recovering Nicely  (Read 398 times)
splitrock
House Bee

« on: June 23, 2012, 06:35:35 AM »

I picked up the remnant of a large swarm that had been sprayed on last Friday, last Saturday. I had never dealt with a situation like that before, so I just had to go.

What started out as a beach ball sized swarm had been reduced to under-inflated volleyball size. I suspected they were queenless after watching them for a while after hiving most of them them. When it appeared they were not going to stay, I ran home and grabbed a frame of brood and eggs from one of my hives. Well, that was the ticket, I tossed a bunch of bees back in the box and within minutes, the march was on.

I was expecting to see some losses still manifesting, but to my surprise, nothing like that happened. I popped the lid on them Thursday, and they have at least 6 queen-cells made and they look as good as any other bees I have.

Pleasantly surprised...........Joel
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 02:41:05 PM »

It is harder to kill them out than most think. Sounds like you did good, and hopefully they will appreciate that you gave them a new start and pay you back with a super of honey! Might want to think of giving them a little syrup to help them along with pulling wax and rebounding better.

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next