Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 08:46:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: haven't been on in a while  (Read 837 times)
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« on: June 10, 2012, 01:51:38 PM »

i'm off the grid and don't come to town very often so haven't posted in a while i thought i'd pop in and say hi.  lets see i now have  2 daughters married and one grand monster (girl child 2 years) the third daughter is engaged but they haven't set the date yet.  that's the important stuff!  waiting to hear from a guy who has a claim in the area here and should be working in the gold mines in a week or so (hope i do better than last year). 

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 02:42:32 PM »

It ain't the Hoffman gold mining claim is it?   And how is it living off grid.
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 02:58:39 PM »

if this works out i'll be on one of the jones's claims,   i'm off grid cause i'm allowed to squat on a friends gravel pit for keeping an eye on things in the winter it's not as convenient as being plugged in, i've got to keep a gen and a propane light fed, but the price is right.  if i don't have cash flow i've been down to a twelve volt battery and flashlights from time to time and when the driveway was drifted 6 feet deep this winter i was boiling snow for water for a while but i don't mind living this way for now and when i get the stake to buy my own place it will likely be remote enough to make this good practice.
as an added note to living off grid generators are h3ck on computers i fried my vaio last spring.  i just got a cell phone with limited internet access but haven't got a new puter to try it as a modem.  i can't get a type window on the phone in the forum here so still gotta come to town at the moment.

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 05:13:26 PM »

Can you get the taptalk app for your phone? It is real handy on the ipod and makes reading and posting on the forum very convenient.
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 08:04:58 PM »

I remember when you moved to Alaska. I will look forward to hearing about more of your adventures.

Good Luck,

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 03:01:19 PM »

buzzbee this phone  it not so smart as that.  just hoping that it'll work as a modem when i get the new puter.  might be beat a dead horse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next