Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 06:55:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rain  (Read 2894 times)
asprince
Super Bee

« on: June 10, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »

Georgia is finally being blessed with some much needed rain. It has been so dry. Maybe we can get some summer/fall weeds to bloom. One field of sunflowers are just starting to bloom.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 09:51:28 PM »

Took my 5 year old to the trout stream west of us on Thursday and that sucker was about dry.   Fished 20 minutes and gave it up.   Real dry here.    Then went jug fishing on Lake Weiss Saturday and it was full pool.  More rain to the north or were they holding back water because of the lack of rain?    I know our pond is half dry here.  Thank you God for the rain this week.   
divemaster1963
Field Bee

God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 10:32:49 PM »

Im Loving it but the wife wants the grass cut now. last year I cut it 3 times all summer. I have had to cut it every 2 weeks so far this year and my lawn mower just gave up the ghost 2 weeks ago after I cut the grass. now the grass is almost 2 feet tall. the girls are loving it tho. and all the cutouts have been full. the one I got last weekend filled 5 5gal. buckets with honey comb that I have been working on this week and the one in the chimmny had 2 five gal buckets worth. I'm loving it.

john
yockey5
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »

No rain here for over a month now.
Yellow sweet clover is 95% done, and we will be in serious trouble without some rain soon.
Fearless305
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »

Rain here today in central Alabama . Much needed rain!

In God we trust.
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 11:03:44 PM »

We got a little last night but it had lots of lightning. It got an a/c circuit board and my network router.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »

We are getting a sprinkle right now.   grin
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 07:28:47 PM »

Lots of thunder this evening but no rain.......yet.

Steve

David McLeod
Field Bee

Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »

Got a regular gully washer this evening.  I thought my garden was done for the year its been dry and then baked but maybe this soaker can salvage what's left.

Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com
divemaster1963
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »

we had 3.5 inches sunday. not the power out for four hours. then tues got 2.5 inches with some gumball size hail starting at 5:00 till 8 pm.  started to see some flowers poping up and open today.

john
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 10:22:40 PM »

We have not had any but that little sprinkle last week.   Blueberries are all turning to raisins on the bushes and the grass is all browning now. 
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 11:16:15 PM »

It rains all around us. Lots of lightning.

Steve

yockey5
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 11:22:02 AM »

What is rain?HuhHuh
divemaster1963
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »

It rains all around us. Lots of lightning.

Steve

we got a 45 min sprinkle last night around 8 ish. hoping to get some today or sunday. I just pickup 10 deeps and ninetine shallows with all the frames and bottoms, queen excluders,covers, inner covers from a gentleman who had a farm and moved to take care of his mother and got out of it. they have been in storage for about 16 months. I am cleaning the boxes and dipping the frames in boiling water to clean and disinfect them. could not come at a better time. I found a hive in a shed in downtown Macon that the owner didn't know about and have to trapouts still to do this season. I hope the fall flow is good this year?

john
Nico
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 08:18:11 PM »

No rain here,looked promising for a while yesterday.Frost a couple of days ago,bananas,tomatoes,eggplant,grapes gone,even some mangoe leaves burnt.Bees doingOK.
Lone
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 11:39:35 PM »

No rain, Nico?? You must have had your gate closed because we've had 2 inches or so down the road here and still coming.  I guess they call it the dry season because you spend all your time trying to dry things out.

Lone
Nico
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »

Rain started on morning of 9th.Gates open Lone,36mm 7am on 10th,32mm 7am today. Bees very quiet yesterday afternoon,kept indoors due to weather.
Boxes branded,stand finished,ready for change over.
I received info on Grevillea for bees:Moonlight,Coastal Glow,Poorinda Joy,Superb and Coastal Gem.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 09:31:01 PM »

We got a little rain this afternoon.   I don't know how much or if it got to soak in, but it was rain and we are very thankful  for every little drop.
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »

It's raining buckets as I write this post. Lots of thunder.

Steve

sawdstmakr
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 10:45:13 PM »

My pond at the farm was about 56" low about a month ago. The lowest the previous owner had seen the pond go down, since it was built 25 years ago, was about 36" low and had stuck a piece of PVC to mark it. I kept having to move it every time it continued to drop lower. After the 2 storms went by, slowly, it was over flowing for a week. The grass is now growing like crazy. The cows, for the first time in a long time, cannot keep it mowed down. In the 7 years that we have owned this farm, I have never seen the grass grow so fast. Yes, Thank god for the rain.
Jim
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next