Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Propolis Question?  (Read 719 times)

Offline blanc

• House Bee
Propolis Question?
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:51:34 PM »
Did a cutout yesterday and the propolis that sealed the edges of wood seams looked fairly normal but at the entrance base of the hive the were round 1/4 to 3/8 waxy little mounds scattered about and dark in color. Is that propolis also disinfecting the entrance of the hive? Hive is probably 6 plus years according to the family.
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline G3farms

• Queen Bee
Re: Propolis Question?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 11:43:52 PM »
The little mounds on the bottom boards are propolis, I call them ladders to help the bees get up to the bottom bars of the frames.
see my swarms and cut outs at

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 01:15:08 PM »
Thanks for the shout out G3 and started making some tincture with some of the propolis I harvested. Did not realize how healthy it is for ya.  :)
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 07:21:08 PM »
How do you use your tincture?

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »
I made mine with EverClear AKA white lighting. The legal kind. Saw couple recipes on the internet and processed mine in a Vitamix blender and used had a lot of wax to clean up afterward in my blender. Take a few drops three times a day and a healthier you!  :-D

anything