Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Propolis Question?  (Read 740 times)

Offline blanc

• House Bee
Propolis Question?
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:51:34 PM »
Did a cutout yesterday and the propolis that sealed the edges of wood seams looked fairly normal but at the entrance base of the hive the were round 1/4 to 3/8 waxy little mounds scattered about and dark in color. Is that propolis also disinfecting the entrance of the hive? Hive is probably 6 plus years according to the family.
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline G3farms

• Queen Bee
Re: Propolis Question?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 11:43:52 PM »
The little mounds on the bottom boards are propolis, I call them ladders to help the bees get up to the bottom bars of the frames.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 01:15:08 PM »
Thanks for the shout out G3 and started making some tincture with some of the propolis I harvested. Did not realize how healthy it is for ya.  :)
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 07:21:08 PM »
How do you use your tincture?

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »
I made mine with EverClear AKA white lighting. The legal kind. Saw couple recipes on the internet and processed mine in a Vitamix blender and used had a lot of wax to clean up afterward in my blender. Take a few drops three times a day and a healthier you!  :-D

anything