Alright, alright already. Here they are, if I can get this to work (second try).
Here is what we found when we cut out the side panel. On the left side I dug out a bag of sevin dust, yea the bottom was lined with very old dead bees. This hive has been here a long time. The electrasol bucket had very old bird seeds. There was also Black Cow and 2 different types of fertilizer.
We then decided to cut the top off a little at a time. Most of the comb stayed in the box. This picture was taken after we removed all of the honey comb in this section.
We cut out the honey comb as we went and put it in buckets, about 6 gallons worth. Anyone want some Sevin Honey. It is going to the dump. The section on the right is all brood.
Here is some of the equipment we used for this job.
Here I am at the cutting table putting the comb in the frames.
We filled all 10 medium frames with brood.
Here we are collecting up the last of the bees. They kept coming out of the cracks, by the thousands, for hours. We started this job at 7:00 on Fathers day and didn’t quit until 4:00 PM.
Here is the other Jim, checking out a piece of comb.
Here is the comb imbedded in the trash.
Hope it was worth the wait.