Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 08:18:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Existing Verizon Customers that Need to Upgrade Phones  (Read 977 times)
winginit
House Bee

« on: May 20, 2012, 06:54:49 PM »

Verizon just announced that starting this summer, when existing custormers upgrade their phones, they will force you out of your unlimited data plan. We've been about to upgrade our phones, and lucky me, I dropped mine in the pond today.

Looked on-line and it was already too late. If I upgraded my Droid to 4G, I had to accept a new data plan. Knowing this was brand new, I grabbed my BFs cell phone and went to the Verizon store and guess what? I was able to upgrade and KEEP MY UNLIMITED DATA PLAN.

Thank you Ms. Bee for your gentle sting that helped drop my phone into the pond. How did you know? (Probably wasn't worth it for her, though.)
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »

There are still a ton of companies out there with unlimited data plans.  From Sprint on the high end to Republic Wireless for $20  a month. 
winginit
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 08:04:59 PM »

There are still a ton of companies out there with unlimited data plans.  From Sprint on the high end to Republic Wireless for $20  a month. 

Yes, I should have considered that. We are a bit rural, though, and Sprint doesn't work here. Just to make it more complicated, I have 5 people on my family plan, including 2 with dementia. I hate having to change their phones out. Have you ever spent an hour on the phone trying to explain how to turn on the speaker on the phone on the other end? "T  beat a dead horse
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 08:53:28 PM »

same thing here.  if i don't keep verizon, i don't have much service at my place.  at&t is not bad, but they are limited data plans also.  verizon also got rid of it's new every 2 plan.  i have an old unlimited data plan it's the main thing that has kept me with them.  this time, i'll shop at&t also because there is really nothing to keep me with verizon except marginally better service in my area.

don't know what's going on with them, but i dumped their home phone and DSL service because it was messed up.  it won't break my heart to dump the cell also.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 09:48:13 PM »

I tried 5 or 6 different companies many years ago. Settled with verizon about 15 years ago. If I leave them, I may go back to CB radio. I wouldn't have one of the others if they were free.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 10:46:34 PM »

If I leave them, I may go back to CB radio. I wouldn't have one of the others if they were free.
LOL!  I think I just went 10-100  Smiley
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:16:31 AM »

I doubt it. Probably still full.   evil   grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 06:49:59 PM »

Hear you loud and clear Wally. 10-4 Good Buddy !!!

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next