Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 24, 2014, 06:05:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After the storm  (Read 709 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: May 13, 2012, 12:05:58 PM »

Moderators feel free to adjust as needed

Greetings everyone.

Been awhile since I have been here. You may or may not have heard we had a storm blow through here April 30, 2012. Here are a few pictures of my house.

This is the north west corner

These are continuing along the north side of the house from west to east.

This is a trampoline. The bent spot is where it hit the edge of the roof......

And left one of the legs on the roof.

We had 113 mph winds.
Yes we were inside when the hail stones started coming through the windows. There was glass, hail, and water flying everywhere. We have to replace all the carpet, the siding, the roof, (was just two years old from the last replacement). Both our vehicles, while still drivable. were totaled as they are a 2000 Durango and 2001 Dodge ram. Guess we will be driving around in hail damaged vehicles. We will keep them as they are free and clear.  grin. (It's nice to have paid off vehicles)

A fellow two houses to the west of us has a metal roof and a huge hail stone went through it. Put a dent in his floor. He said it was soccer ball size.

On to the rebuilding.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »

GOOD LORD!!!!  I could  not even imagine what it would have been like to ride that out, yes the carpet would have needed to be replaced in the spot I was hiding for sure. Glad you are alright and can still have a positive attitude about it.

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 01:25:25 PM »

Jerry,
it's always good to hear from you. Especially after all you have going on now.Hopefully you can get back to normal before too long.I don't know how you guys do it.best wishes and stop in soon and keep us updated.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 01:46:48 PM »

My goodness those pics are amazing.   So sorry for all the loss there.   Insurance taking care of the house?
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 03:02:02 PM »

Insurance is covering a big part of it. Of course they want to depreciate the value of everything  rolleyes. But they did still go above some of the estimates we have gotten.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »

Forgot to point out. Did you notice the glass on the door was not broken, nor was the lower window to the right of the door. It just happened to be the same size as one window on the back side that had been cracked earlier. So now that one is fixed anyway.  Wink

Jerry

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »

Jerry, so sorry for the damage.  It really is a stunning experience to live through a large hail storm.  While the big ones are very rare in Michigan, we did have a very tall thunderhead stop over my little town about 3 years and gave us a once in a lifetime beating similar to what you’re showing us.   It completely totaled out the cars in the area, ruined the crops, siding, and roofs.  Luckily we didn’t have the high winds. 

To be honest I was totally amazed at how accommodating the insurance companies were to fixing the damage here.  Nearly everybody in town got a new roof on their house or an option for the cash equivalent.  A guy came out here to inspect our roof and didn’t debate anything, actually even paid for a barn steel roof that really didn’t have anything more than cosmetic damage.  I was very impressed.  I sure hope they come through for you too.  Just thought you might get some encouragement to hear that in some cases, the insurance companies do come though big time.  Good Luck. 
GeezzzBeezzz
New Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »

Sorry to see all the damage that storm did to your house. I was complaining about the pea sized hail we had here in Illinois - this puts things into perspective.
I hope you're blessed with some joy and happiness to help you forget some of the stress the storm must have caused you and yours. Life is a beautiful thing - It's good to be alive.

Tart words make no friends; a spoonful or honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar.
~ Benjamin Franklin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 09:25:46 PM »

WOW.  first, glad to hear from you....and glad we still can hear from you  Wink

we don't get that stuff here, but my youngest had his car parked in AZ at his brothers when a big hail storm went through a couple of years ago.  wrecked the car, roof of the house (tile), etc.  can't imagine! 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next