Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 16, 2014, 10:05:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tera Nova  (Read 2304 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: May 06, 2012, 12:22:54 PM »

so my husband was right.  if i like a TV show, it's a death sentence for the show.  both Tera Nova and the Finder have been canceled.  i thought both were great new shows and i don't usually start new shows.

i think the networks sometimes don't give things enough time...it's not uncommon for me to find something that's already in season 2 or 3 and go back to catch up old episodes.  plots and characters take time to develop..... 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 02:26:53 PM »

No, they never give a show enough time.  They just drop them off in the middle of a run.  At least put them online for us to watch. 
Wits End
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »

Wow! Just told my wife yesterday I was anxious for Tera Nova to come back on, and I still haven't watched all my finder episodes on the dvr yet. You just ruined my day Kathy! If they cancel walking dead I'm turning the satellite off!

Jeff and Kellie Houston
Wits End Blueberry and Bee Farm
Greenwood Mississippi
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »

Spent the afternoon watching the last half of Caprica.   Another show cut short.   They really should have made more.   
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »

i'm glad i'm not the only TV nerd.  seems like the mindless shows like glee, survivor, and those find a star shows make it, but anything that stretches the imagination a bit is killed off.

star trek would never last beyond one season these days.  MASH had crappy ratings the first year. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 06:47:24 PM »

Have any of ya'll seen any of the Outcasts episodes?    Found season 1 on Netflix and first episode seems good so far.   Another scifi that may not make it.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 11:20:17 PM »

picked it up after you posted about it.  they did 8 and then it was canceled.  to bad.  another one i liked.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next