Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 18, 2014, 10:24:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swarms and Nucs  (Read 285 times)
Beeboy01
House Bee

Oh Look A Honey Bee !!!

« on: April 26, 2012, 04:00:30 PM »

Well this has been a fun week so far, I hung a Coates 5 frame nuc set up as a swarm trap behind work baited with swarm lure last week. A swarm moved in two days ago and I took it home last night in my SUV. Half way home a bee flew up to visit me so I looked around and saw about 100 bees clinging to the inside of the rear windows of my truck. Yikes!!! Luckly for me the sun was shining in the back of the truck so the bees were nice enough to stay there instead of helping me drive. Got them back to the bee yard and set them up as a 5 frame nuc tower and when i opened the swarm box up i found that they had drawn out a piece of comb the size of my hand in under 24 hours. As I was leaving the yard I glanced over to a flower pot design swarm trap hanging on the side of the shed and saw a second swarm that had moved into it. That makes the second swarm in two days and I'm running out of equipment. The flower pot trap ended up strapped hole side down onto another nuc with a hole cut in it's lid loaded with some used comb and so far they look lke they are moving in.
  The only bad thing that occured is that the little nuc which had a queen in it lost the queen sometime over the last week. I think I must of rolled her during the last inspection. Oh well, win some lose some.

AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 04:05:22 PM »

Very good luck in finding those swarms.    Smiley
Better rebait them up for more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next