Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 28, 2014, 11:39:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Porch Residence Cut Out  (Read 514 times)
beyondthesidewalks
House Bee

I need a shave

« on: April 19, 2012, 01:31:38 PM »

I did a cutout earlier this week on a man's house.  I've cut out bees here twice before.  The man who lives here has insulated the whole house except for this wall because there were bees in it at the time (2 removals ago).  I removed bees last year and now they're back.  He has MS and his condition has deteriorated over the last year so I'm gong to insulate the wall for him.  These bees have been very calm but in the last few days become very defensive.  The man that lives here has been stung a few times.  I started removing the siding and the comb was half round, attached to the siding on both sides of the comb.  It started getting loose and was going to fall so I had to start cutting out comb before I could reveal the entire hive.  By then I was covered in honey and HOT!!! bees.  I was solo so I couldn't take anymore pics.  Sorry for that.  From this cutout I learned that I want a Robo style bee vac.  It would have made the job so much nicer and smoother.  I will build one before my next cutout.

http://s972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/beyondthesidewalks/Porch%20Residence%20Cut%20Out/
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:05:08 PM »

Those are some nice SLABS of comb for sure.

Did you happen to find the queen?

I built a robo style bee vac a couple years ago and it works wonders on getting the retuning foragers sucked up, they are usually the mean ones. I call it "crowd control"  grin

Nice on ya for insulating the fellas wall too!

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »

Yes that was good for insulating that wall.   I still have the old box in a box style bee vac.   It works, but if I had it to do over......    I like how Robo has the motor on the box for one thing to carry around.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next