Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 04:02:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My little nuc has a Queen  (Read 332 times)
Beeboy01
House Bee

Oh Look A Honey Bee !!!

« on: April 13, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »

I posted about a month and a half ago about starting an early nuc just for the heck of it and as an experiment. I can't remember how many frames of young brood I have moved into that little box trying to keep it going. I have even seen queen cells hatch but have never seen a queen. Well last week i spotted some workers bringing in pollen, not much but it was a real good sign. I did a quick inspection today expecting to find a bunch of drone cells from laying workers and to my complete surprise there was a beautiful young queen resting on a frame. I carefully put the nuc back together and have spent the rest of the afternoon with a silly grin on my face. Just wanted to share  grin 
ShaneJ
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »

Well done mate. I cant wait to start making some nucs when the season comes around again.

Shane
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 08:25:23 PM »

I posted about a month and a half ago about starting an early nuc just for the heck of it and as an experiment. I can't remember how many frames of young brood I have moved into that little box trying to keep it going. I have even seen queen cells hatch but have never seen a queen. Well last week i spotted some workers bringing in pollen, not much but it was a real good sign. I did a quick inspection today expecting to find a bunch of drone cells from laying workers and to my complete surprise there was a beautiful young queen resting on a frame. I carefully put the nuc back together and have spent the rest of the afternoon with a silly grin on my face. Just wanted to share  grin  

applause applause applause applause

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next