Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 24, 2014, 09:48:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top Bar Hive Feeder  (Read 1177 times)
Hoosier
New Bee

« on: April 10, 2012, 01:58:30 PM »

Here's my new feeder.  You'll quickly surmise that it's my first time using my new camcorder.  Smiley
http://youtu.be/o6XeEuxamKY
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »

Good video.    If you are worried about the shaky cam, they have lots of video stabilization programs out there to smooth it out.    I really like the way you set up the feeders on the TB hives.   I do not us those feeders any more because I have sugar ants real bad here and they were getting most of the feed.   I also had lots of SHB hiding around in them.   But they are easy to use feeders.   Good set up there.   
Hoosier
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:44:17 AM »

Here's my new feeder.  You'll quickly surmise that it's my first time using my new camcorder.  Smiley
http://youtu.be/o6XeEuxamKY

"The best laid plans of mice and men go oft' awry."
I installed the two 3# packages of bees two days ago.  I checked both feeders yesterday; there were over one hundred drowned and/or half dead bees floating in the sugar water.  The bees were able to get under the white covers some way.  I removed the white covers and put a handful of straw into the sugar water.  I looked this morning, and there were still a few drowned bees, but only a few; others were walking on the straw and taking sugar water.  After things settle down in a couple of days, I'm going to remove the straw and put in wooden sticks instead or with some straw.  It's working now, but I sure hated losing those first bees just to learn what not to do.
Hoosier
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 12:42:10 AM »

I deleted the video from YouTube. I'll make another one later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next