Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 21, 2014, 09:06:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queensland honey !  (Read 652 times)
Geoff
Field Bee

« on: December 02, 2013, 03:17:58 AM »

Thanks to Lone the Queen Hunter from north of the Tropic of Capricorn I have tasted my first Queensland honey. Definitely had a taste of bananas (from the long range bees) and a hint of mangos ( from the short range bees). please excuse the old wine tasting lingo, just could not resist it. Nice experience to taste something very different to our local product, comparitively more bland without any intense sweetness.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
Lone
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 09:52:49 PM »

Bananas?

hahaha

Glad it's arrived safe and sound.  We extracted a couple of weeks ago, and there are some gums (or whatever you call them now) of two different species out.  One I found out is called Corymbia papuana (locals call it scabby gum) and a beekeeper says there have been 3 flows on it in the last 40 years.  The other we call a black butt though I'm not sure of its official name.  Speaking of names..I cannot believe some scientist can publish some paper and change the names of established trees from eucalyptus, but lumping the very different gums in with bloodwoods.  I hereby publish this paper and declare everything that has leaves that smells like a eucalypt IS a eucalypt.

By the way, my father brought some yellow box (goodness knows what category box trees are put into now, probably same as a palm trees) honey up from his mate in Victoria, so I get to dip into your vic honey too.

Lone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next