Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 26, 2014, 02:16:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice on bee supplies  (Read 495 times)
laurabell
New Bee

« on: August 30, 2014, 01:36:32 AM »

Hello,
I just got my license to sell bee supplies, am opening up a store. I am having a hard time finding supplies wholesale and I've called so many bee supply companies to ask where they get their supplies. I always get very vague responses or they say they dont sell wholesale. Does anyone here have a supply store that can help me get catalogues to order from. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Laura   huh
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 02:49:14 AM »

Try calling Debs Bee Supply in Jacksonville FL. Here is her web site: http://www.deb-bee.com/.
Her phone number is on it. She started up about 4 years ago and might bee able to help you get started.
If you haven't already, I wold call Mann Lake and Dadant and see if they are willing to work with you.
http://www.mannlakeltd.com/
http://www.dadant.com/
Also try

North American Bee Hive Company
5859 Stuart Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32254 ·
 (904) 701-3852
Ask for Mike. I think they only sell wholesale.
Jim

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain
laurabell
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »

thanks I will try looking her up. I"ve called Mann Lake and Dadant, neither have been helpful as far as me getting wholesale supplies for my store, and when I ask where they get theres they say "oh different places" It's been very frustrating.
jayj200
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 11:33:38 AM »

find a local carpenter who is unemployed
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 02:06:55 PM »

Brushy Mountain uses dealers.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
jayj200
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »

www.Beeauthority.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 05:49:13 PM »

i'd think this would be part of the way to go.  you'd be supporting a local and locals would like that.  other stuff, like smokers and junk, you might need to get through a dealer.

our local bee place orders in bulk from places like Mann Lake, marks it up, sells it.  seems to work for them.  a lot of the big places have discounts for bulk buys and special buys throughout the year.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 10:23:29 PM »

http://www.beelinewoodenware.com/catalog.pdf

I believe these folks still do their own cutting and milling. Check last page of pdf for comments on dealership.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 01:05:03 AM »

+1
Couldn't agree more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next